|Page (1) of 1 - 02/04/03||email article||print page|
Blackmagic Updates DeckLink SoftwareNew version gets real-time color correction, expanded support for uncompressed formats
DeckLink 2.4 adds real-time color correction (primary colors) and support for Digital Voodoo's 8- and 10-bit uncompressed QuickTime formats. It also supports Pinnacle's CineWave and Viewgraphics Video Pump uncompressed formats. Other features of the card itself and the software include:
- SMPTE-259M 10-bit SDI input and output;
- Separate SDI monitor connection;
- Internal SDI video sync;
- Built-in DV bridge;
- JPOEG capture and playback mode;
- RS-422-compatible serial deck control port;
- Real-time effects and transitions;
- Expanded desktop support for viewing graphics on a studio monitor;
- 64-bit RGB codec rendering;
- YUV native rendering;
- NTSC and PAL support;
- Compatibility with Mac OS X 10.2.
The Blackmagic DeckLink card also includes a universal DeckLink codec for sharing files between the Mac OS X workstation and systems running Mac OS 9 and Windows. The card itself runs $999, while updates for the software are free. For more information, visit http://www.blackmagic-design.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at [email protected].
Related Keywords:Blackmagic Updates DeckLink Software