|Page (1) of 1 - 06/16/03||email article||print page|
Blackmagic Ships DeckLink ProCapture cards supports 10-bit uncompressed with SDI I/O
DeckLink Pro offers eight channels of S/PDIF digital audio output for 5.1- or 7.1-channel surround sound monitoring. Other features include:
- Fully digital SMPTE-259M 10-bit SDI input and output;
- Separate SDI video and analog component YUV video monitoring outputs;
- Four S/PDIF digital audio outputs for eight-channel audio monitoring;
- Genlock input;
- Uncompressed 10-bit and 8-bit capture and playback;
- Built-in DV bridge;
- Compressed full-resolution JPEG capture and playback mode;
- Sony-compatible RS-422 serial deck control port;
- Real time 10-bit color correction, dissolves and image control effects, upgradable through free downloads;
- Extended desktop feature that allows for the use of a studio monitor to be used as a second computer monitor;
- Switchable between NTSC and PAL;
- 64-bit RGB codec;
- Support for Pinnacle, AJA Video and Digital Voodoo formats;
- YUV native rendering in supported applications.
DeckLink Pro also includes Deck control software for broadcast tape deck capture and playback, as well as a universal free software codec for Mac OS X, Mac OS 9 and Windows. It sells for $1,295. For more information, visit http://www.decklink.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Blackmagic Ships DeckLink Pro