|Page (1) of 1 - 09/05/03||email article||print page|
Blackmagic Intros Sub-$2,000 HD BoardDeckLink HD offers 10-bit uncompressed capture
The DeckLink HD is a QuickTime-based capture card for Mac OS X that supports standard definition SDI video, as well as full HDTV video formats. It can be switched on the fly between SD SMPTE-259M SDI video and HD SMPTE-292M SDI video for 1080i, 1080p and 720p video editing and design. It offers HD-SDI and SD-SDI video and audio I/O, as well as a Sony-compatible RS422 serial deck control port and a second independent HD/SD-SDI and S/PDIF outputs for video and audio monitoring. The card operates in 10-bit uncompressed and 8-bit compressed video formats and includes the Blackmagic codec, which supports 64-bit rendering in applications like Adobe After Effects.
Other features include:
- Fully digital SMPTE-259M/SMPTE-292M 10 bit SDI input and output;
- Internal SDI sync generation;
- Built-in SD DV bridge;
- Real-time SD effects and support for Final Cut Pro's RT Extreme;
- Extended Desktop support in SD mode for using a studio monitor as an additional computer display;
- Support for NTSC and PAL;
- Support for 1080i/50, 29.97 and 30;1080p/23.976 and 24; and 720p/59.94 and 30;
- YUV native rendering in applications that support YUV, such as FCP 4;
- Free universal codec for Mac OS X, Mac OS 9 and Windows.
The DeckLink HD will ship in three to four weeks with support for Mac OS X, including 10.2.7 and 10.3. It sells for $1,995. For more information, visit http://www.decklink.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at [email protected].
Related Keywords:Blackmagic Intros Sub-$2,000 HD Board
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved