|Page (1) of 1 - 04/22/05||email article||print page|
Blackmagic Design Introduces New Multibridge FamilyWorld?s first bi-directional converters with PCI Express-based breakout box from only $2,595 (April 22, 2005)
Blackmagic Design just announced the Multibridge Extreme and Multibridge Studio, the worlds first all-in-one bi-directional converters capable of instantly switching between HD and SD with PCI Express. Changing the basic workflow of any post-production facility, the Multibridge easily converts analog equipment to SDI-based systems by simultaneously converting from digital to analog and analog to digital at the same time.
When connected via the built-in high speed PCI Express connections that are 25 times faster than FireWire based solutions, Multibridge can be used as the worlds highest quality capture and playback solution. Taking advantage of built in PCI Express 10 GBps connection, combined with Blackmagics leading edge video quality, Multibridge offers a complete system capable of supporting high video data rate capture and playback from 10 bit uncompressed standard definition, high definition, or 12 bit RGB 4:4:4 feature film quality.
* Bi-directional analog video and audio conversion that instantly switches between HD and SD, feature 4:2:2 and Dual Link 4:4:4 video quality
* Full high-resolution HD monitoring that turns any low cost DVI-D dual link based computer for a monitoring solution up to 2K film resolution.
* The highest quality PCI Express capture and playback editing, design and paint solution.
* Dual Link HD-SDI 4:4:4 support combined with 14 bit digital to analog conversion for the highest quality video available.
* Uncompressed capture and play back allowing for better quality than any other system, at any price.
* Massive processing power ideal for broadcast quality HD down conversion and other processing based features, allowing even complex multilayer HD editing to be down converted and played out in standard definition all in real time.
* Ability to move between standards easily, making it a perfect solution for moving to HD wile retaining compatibility with existing standard definition equipment.
* Compatibility with QuickTime and DirectShow allowing the use of any video software in standard definition, high definition or even 4:4:4 10 bit RGB HD.
* Free software utilities for deck control, keying, and disk array setup.
* Windows XP and Mac OS X support, including support for industry leading software applications such as Final Cut Pro 5, Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Shake, Combustion, Adobe Photoshop and many more.
?These new Multibridge products completely change everything because they can be used as an independent converter, but then when you plug into any PCI Express based computer, they can be used as a capture and playback solution the same as our DeckLink capture cards, said Grant Petty, CEO, Blackmagic. ?There is nothing like this. For the first time you can plug in a VHS machine, a Betacam SP or Digital Betacam deck, or even a HD-D5 or HDCAM SR deck, and then playback 2K film quality all on the same product. Nothing is this flexible, and Multibridge supports every video format and beyond.
Multibridge is ideal for post-production suites that work in both analog and digital, as well as SD and HD. Offering the industrys only true bi-directional analog video and audio conversion, Multibridge can be rack mounted and used for converting analog equipment such as Betacam SP decks of HDV cameras, in HD or SD. Also, when connected via PCI Express to a host computer for capture and playback, the Multibridges high performance allows for capture and play back completely uncompressed, allowing better quality than any other system, at any price.
The Extreme system supports both analog and digital audio conversion in an all-in- one, compact one rack unit. Video conversion features both analog component RGB/YUV and composite NTSC/PAL, analog audio including 2 channels in and out of balanced +4dB audio on standard XLR connectors is included, 8 channels of AES/EBU digital audio in and out is built in with every input featuring full sample rate conversion. For monitoring, Multibridge Extreme features DVI-D dual link LCD monitor connection combined with unbalanced stereo audio output monitoring.
The Studio system includes all of the features of the Multibridge Extreme in a slightly larger 2 rack unit size. Studio includes 12 channels of AES/EBU audio, 6 unbalanced audio outputs for 5.1 surround sound monitoring or combined with an extra 4 composite NTSC/PAL outputs for dubbing onto multiple VHS or DVD recorders. Multibridge Studio also includes a programmable reference generator with 4 outputs.
Both the Extreme and Studio systems will be available on Windows XP and Apple Computers Mac operating systems mid summer 2005. For availability, please see www.blackmagic-design.com for the nearest Blackmagic reseller.
About Blackmagic Design
Blackmagic Design manufactures the world's highest quality video cards for the post production and television broadcast industries. It's DeckLink family of leading quality video cards has changed the industry and made HDTV more affordable for everyone.
Blackmagic Design is a company founded by leading editors and engineers from the post production industry. This industry knowledge and experience from our Singapore post production operations is constantly fed back into our products allowing us to introduce the most amazing creative tools for the industry.
Blackmagic Design has sales offices in Las Vegas, USA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Tokyo, Japan and International Plaza in Singapore. Blackmagic Design's headquarters, manufacturing, and development facility is located in the post production district of South Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
For more information visit http://www.blackmagic-design.com.
Related Keywords:Blackmagic Design, Multibridge, converters, Multibridge Extreme, Multibridge Studio,