|Page (1) of 1 - 05/16/12||email article||print page|
Bills.com Top 2012 Consumer Money Questions Shift From Recession to RecoveryTop Five Questions Show That Most Consumers Have Turned the Corner Financially; Medical Expenses Enter Top Five for First Time (May 16, 2012)
SAN MATEO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/16/12 -- Consumer money resource Bills.com today shared the top five questions asked of its Ask Bill free question and answer service in the first quarter of 2012. Compiled by the team of personal finance experts that works directly with customer questions, this edition of the list demonstrates a shift away from recession-related questions towards topics more focused on recovery.
The most popular topic amongst consumers in the first part of 2012 was the federal government Home Affordability Refinance Program or HARP 2.0, with two separate questions in the top five. For the first time, a question about managing medical expenses made the top five list.
"Questions posed to Ask Bill are useful indicators of what financial issues are on the minds of most Americans," said Ethan Ewing, president of Bills.com. "So far this year, we have seen a definite shift away from panicked emergency money questions towards more thoughtful and forward-thinking ones. All five of these questions deal with two of the biggest financial challenges faced by most families -- housing and healthcare."
Top Five Money Questions of Q1 2012
1. Do I qualify for HARP 2.0, and is it right for me?
2. With mortgage interest rates so low, how do I know the right time to refinance and how do I find the right mortgage lender?
3. My medical insurance did not cover all my medical bills. What do I do?
4. Can I qualify for a HARP 2.0 refinance, if I currently have a mortgage with mortgage insurance?
5. I am having trouble making payments on my underwater home. Should I do a loan modification or short sale?
Top Five Money Questions of 2011
1. How do I refinance my upside-down mortgage?
2. I have debt I cannot afford -- what are the best debt relief options?
3. Do I live in a no-recourse state for mortgage debt?
4. Should I refinance my mortgage, and where can I find the best deals?
5. How do I repair my credit?
Ask Bill is a free service that provides personalized money advice in response to consumers' personal finance questions. Previous answers are available on the site as a resource for future visitors. The company shared the top five most frequently asked questions of 2012 to date out of the more than 2,000 new queries that were asked in the first three months of this year.
Bills.com is the leading resource for free and personalized money help. Founded by a group of financial experts dedicated to helping consumers save time, money and stress, Bills.com is designed to give consumers confidence in making money decisions. The site offers useful information, powerful tools, and real money experts to give consumers the information they need in the way that they want it.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: money, personal finance, mortgage, debt, credit, medical bills, family, finances, Marketwire, , Insurance, healthcare, Surgery, Insurance Companies, Financial, Family, Other,