|Page (1) of 1 - 10/30/03||email article||print page|
Bias Updates PeakAudio software gets Panther support
The new update applied to all of the different versions of Peak, including Peak, Peak LE and Peak DV. Peak 4 was released this summer, adding several enhancements over previous versions in the areas of interface, file format and plugin support, processing, effects and general functionality. Specific new features include:
- Support for Audio Units;
- Ability to write 32-bit floating-point AIFF files;
- ImpulseVerb sampling reverb with a library of "hundreds" of impulse responses;
- Redesigned interface;
- A new mastering compressor called Sqweez;
- Integrated CD burning;
- Support for multiple processors and background processing;
- New version of the VST plugin matrix called Vbox SE 1.3;
- New Harmonic Rotate feature for rotating the frequency spectrum of harmonics;
- Envelope control for Change Duration;
- A variety of QuickTime enhancements.
Peak DV is a streamlined version of Peak, designed specifically for users working in professional video. It includes several of the enhancements added to Peak 4. Peak LE is a "lite" version of the program and also gains several enhancements in the new version. Details are available on Bias' Web site. Peak 4.0 is available for Mac OS X for $499. The 4.0.2 update is available free for current users. For more information, visit http://www.bias-inc.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Apple DVD Studio Pro, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at [email protected].
Related Keywords:Bias Updates Peak