|Page (1) of 1 - 08/15/03||email article||print page|
Bias Releases Peak 4.0Update gains interface and processing improvements
Peak 4.0 gains several enhancements over previous versions in the areas of interface, file format and plugin support, processing, effects and general functionality. Specific new features include:
- Support for Audio Units;
- Ability to write 32-bit floating-point AIFF files;
- ImpulseVerb sampling reverb with a library of "hundreds" of impulse responses;
- Redesigned interface;
- A new mastering compressor called Sqweez;
- Integrated CD burning;
- Support for multiple processors and background processing;
- New version of the VST plugin matrix called Vbox SE 1.3;
- New Harmonic Rotate feature for rotating the frequency spectrum of harmonics;
- Envelope control for Change Duration;
- A variety of QuickTime enhancements.
Peak DV is a streamlined version of Peak, designed specifically for users working in professional video. It includes several of the enhancements added to Peak 4. Peak LE is a "lite" version of the program and also gains several enhancements in the new version. Details are available on Bias' Web site.
Peak 4.0 is available for Mac OS X for $499. Upgrades start at $149. Peak DV and Peak LE sell for $199 and $99, respectively. For more information, visit http://www.bias-inc.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Bias Releases Peak 4.0