|Page (1) of 1 - 06/21/12||email article||print page|
Beyond Virtual: Enterprise-Class Data Protection for Every Business(June 21, 2012)
Columbia, S.C. (PRWEB) June 21, 2012
Unitrends, the #1 all-in-one backup, archiving, instant recovery, and disaster recovery physical appliances, today announced a new software-only product, Unitrends Enterprise Backup, that protects virtual and physical environments both locally and in the cloud. Unitrends Enterprise Backup is available as a virtual appliance deeply integrated with Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere to offer the advantages of an all-in-one solution with the flexibility of software-only deployment.
Unitrends also announced aggressive go-to-market pricing that will make protecting up to four Hyper-V or vSphere virtual machines free, with licensing on a per-physical server and a per-socket for virtual hosts priced at less than $1000. The production-ready software will be made generally available June 29. For channel partners for a limited time, Unitrends is offering a 100% discount of up to $10,000 through the companys First Deal On Us promotion.
Were excited about its new capabilities, and how simple it is to implement even in the most complex environments, said Rob Head, IT Director at Weikel, Johnson, Parris and Rouse, who has been using the software. As with every new Unitrends release, were seeing even greater functionality while the web-based interface continues to get even more elegant and intuitive. It is everything I need in a backup and recovery product, with first class support if I ever need it.
Steve Duplessie, CEO at Enterprise Strategy Group, sees the new Unitrends offering neatly fitting into industry trends. The data is clear - users don't want specialized software that has different and unique management for their virtual and physical worlds - they want one thing, ideally a simple thing. Unitrends solution sits directly in the path of where the market is heading, he said.
Weve had enormous success with our physical backup data protection appliances with revenue growth exceeding 100 percent, said Mike Coney, CEO, Unitrends. At the same time, there are many companies that have created a virtualized IT infrastructure who want the flexibility of a virtual appliance offering. Unitrends Enterprise Backup and our new release 6.3 support both.
According to Mark Campbell, Chief Strategy Officer, Unitrends, The engineering challenge was accommodating not just multiple deployment environments but multiple buyer personas with differing levels of expertise. We created our Simply Scalable architecture that allows us to not only scale-up and scale-out but scale-down to deliver an incredible customer experience across a wide variety of business types from novices to power users.
Unitrends Enterprise Backup has the enterprise-class features the company is known for; features such as:
- Virtual support at the HOS (Host Operating System) level and virtual and physical support at both the GOS (Guest Operating System and physical server level).
- Integrated D2D2x (Disk-to-Disk-to-Any) data protection including archival support for disk, tape, SAN, NAS and archival and replication support for private and public single- and multi-tenant clouds.
- Optimization of precious business WAN bandwidth via not just deduplication to the cloud but cloud/archive concurrent disaster recovery strategies as well.
- Support for over 100 versions of computers, storage, operating systems, hypervisors, and applications.
- Flexible backup strategies including incremental forever with dynamic synthetics, full/differential, full/incremental, full/full, selective, and customizable strategies supported.
- Near-continuous data protection performance with recovery point objectives of as little as one minute.
- Instant recovery using failover virtualization.
- Content-aware byte-level global deduplication.
- Storage virtualization and thin provisioning.
- Dissimilar bare metal of both physical and virtual environments.
New features associated with release 6.3 (for both Unitrends Enterprise Backup and the Recovery-series of physical data protection appliances) include:
- Simpler deployment and setup via our scale-down technology.
- Single server backup combined with multiple servers backup via our scale-down technology.
- Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere incremental forever with on-demand synthetics.
- Microsoft Hyper-V FLR (File Level Restore).
- Storage virtualization, thin provisioning, and global deduplication on Unitrends Enterprise Backup.
- Advanced archive file-level search.
- Protection of SQL Server 2012, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.2, IBM AIX 7.1, Oracle Solaris 11, and Novell OES 11.
As well as many more features. For more information on the new features of Release 6.3, please see http://tinyurl.com/Unitrends-6-3.
Learn more about Unitrends Enterprise Backup Free Edition: http://tinyurl.com/UEB-Datasheet.
Get Unitrends Enterprise Backup Free Edition: http://www.unitrends.com/free-backup/.
Connect with Unitrends on Spiceworks: http://community.spiceworks.com/pages/unitrends.
The trusted provider of all-in-one backup solutions, Unitrends enables its small- and mid-sized and enterprise customers to focus on their business instead of backup. The company's family of scalable, all-in-one appliances and software solutions for backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery protects corporate data, over 100 different versions of servers, operating systems (including Windows, Hyper-V, VMware, Mac OS, Linux, AIX, Solaris, and many others), SAN, NAS, hypervisors (including VMware, Hyper-V, Xen) and applications (including Exchange, SQL, Oracle, and many others.) Unitrends is the preferred choice of IT professionals because the company sets the standard in virtual, physical and cloud server data protection with instant recovery that enables the complete system recovery in less than 5 minutes while Unitrends' pricing offers the lowest TCO and ROI in the industry. Unitrends' U.S.-based support team boasts a 99% customer satisfaction rate.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/6/prweb9628124.htm.
Related Keywords:computer crime, computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, economy, business and finance, financial and business service, business enterprises, business (general)