|Page (1) of 1 - 07/10/12||email article||print page|
Beauty Meets Brains: Introducing the 'New' News360Cross-Platform News Discovery App Entirely Re-Imagined for iPad; Smart Personalization Technology Makes You Smarter, Too (July 10, 2012)
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/10/12 -- Today we're launching an entirely re-imagined edition of News360 for iPad that's been in the works for nearly a year. Make no mistake, ladies and gents, this is no garden variety update. You can call it social discovery or algorithmic curation or the buzzword du jour of your choice, but we're calling it staying informed. See for yourself: download News360's new app for free in the App Store.
Newsflash: there's a lot of junk on the Web. At last count, it would take 57,000 years to read it all. Who has that kind of time? Over the past two years, News360 has been waging an epic battle against information overload, building a super-smart personalization engine that helps readers discover high-quality, relevant news stories about everything from major world events to the latest on their niche interests. We save you time by combing through the Web and analyzing more than 200,000 articles every day, paying attention to factors like language, tone, quality of writing, freshness, sharing activity and a whole lot more, to match you with the stories and writers you'll like the most -- even if you don't yet know they exist.
"It's no surprise that dozens of companies are sprouting up solely to tackle the problem of content overload," said Roman Karachinsky, CEO, News360. "But no one has quite been able to figure it out yet. So we took a brand new approach, and put to work some of the brightest minds in the business. Using machine learning and AI to understand how people relate to content, these classically trained linguists, mathematicians, data scientists and geeks created a platform that accurately predicts what you'll be interested in before anyone else. It's a real-time stream of every story you need to prepare yourself for the day ahead."
Wait, Another Newsreader App? Really? (Hey, at least we're not calling it SO-LO-MO.)
Yes, and you're going to love it. Here's why: News360's entire approach to personalization is fundamentally different than what you've experienced before. It's based on these key factors:
- What's So Social About News? We don't just organize your Facebook and Twitter feeds in a pretty frame, nor do we serve you articles just because your friends or followers liked them. We analyze your actions within the social graph to understand your personality, and make predictions about the types of content you'd enjoy. Connect social accounts to News360 and we'll do the heavy lifting to build a reader that's uniquely tailored just for you -- each story will be put under the microscope individually, ranked based on its relevance to you, and delivered to your home feed.
- Under-the-Hood Access. You can manually customize and tweak feeds any time. Doesn't everyone do that? Sure, but let's take a closer look. Typically, you've got two options for customizing feeds: adding sources that you already know you like, or adding broad categories like "Technology" or "Sports." News360 lets you get under the hood to understand and adjust the factors that impact your unique personalized news algorithms, like sources, topics and trends. For example, you can edit your science category to keep tabs on your obsession with space travel, and filter out the stories about health or genetics, if those don't happen to strike your fancy.
- Home Is Where The News Is. A single integrated "Home" feed serves as a one-stop shop for discovering the news that's most important to you. The home feed delivers all the headline news you need to know as a responsible, informed citizen of the world, as well as the niche stories you want from your personalized categories and subscriptions, so that you don't need to switch between different media channels to stay on top of the news.
- Better with Age. Your News360 learns more about you as you use it, improving feeds as you read, share and like articles. You'll grow more fond of each other as time goes by.
- Pretty on the Outside, Too. An entirely redesigned interface provides a quicker, sleeker browsing experience. Smart and pretty? It's like the Natalie Portman of news apps.
- No Wi-Fi? No Problem. News360 lets you quickly scan your feed and save stories to read later for the next time you're offline. We work with Instapaper and Pocket, too.
- Banish the Gloom. Sick of all the mayhem that seems to dominate the headlines? Opt for a dose of sunshine and rainbows with News360's new "Good News" section.
- You're the Expert. Worried that there is too much great content to go through? Fret no more. As you read through your Home feed, we'll let you know whether you've read enough to confidently bluff your way through any cocktail party, or if you're ready to win that Jeopardy tournament.
Still don't believe us? Check us out at the App Store and discover for yourself why people love the new News360.
News360 is a personalized news discovery platform for smartphones, tablets and the Web that helps you uncover high-quality, relevant articles about the day's top headlines and your specific interests and hobbies. News360 is a tool that filters through the influx of online content to surface what matters most, ensuring that you're always well-informed of the news that's most relevant to you. Powered by advanced artificial intelligence, News360 individually tailors newsfeeds for each user and continues to fine-tune its personalization algorithm the more you use it.
Jen Holmes and Kira McCroden
news360 (at) launchsquad (dot) com
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: news app, news reader, news discovery, personalized news, personalized news reader, personalized news app, Home, Internet, Communications, WiFi, Web, Smart Phone, Filters, Social Media, Marketwire, Internet Technology, Space Science, Biology, Computer Science, Genetics, Business, Science, Other,