|Page (1) of 1 - 04/06/05||email article||print page|
Bauhaus Software Ships Animators ToolbarPowerful new animation functionalities available for Mirage Studio 1.5 (April 06, 2005)
Bauhaus Software Inc. today announced the immediate availability of Animators Toolbar, a powerful new suite of 2D animation automation tools for Mirage Studio 1.5. Animators Toolbar was designed from the ground up for integration with Mirage Studio 1.5, Bauhaus flagship paperless 2D animation, paint and effects system. Animators Toolbar dramatically broadens the capabilities of traditional 2D animators and significantly accelerates their production workflow.
?Animators Toolbar is precisely what professional 2D animators need in automation functionality, said Rusty Mills, five-time Emmy Award-winning animator, producer/director of Pinky and the Brain, and the Animaniacs from Warner Bros. ?All of the new tools in Animators Toolbar are designed to reduce production time, and they really allow me to focus on animation instead of the computer.
Developed in conjunction with professional animators around the world, Animators Toolbar contains a wide array of powerful new features, including:
* Toon Shadow 2D toon shadowing and shading effects can be easily applied to characters over time with a single button push. Shadows are completely adjustable and configurable.
* Mini X Mini X allows animators to sequence their frames layer by layer, much in the manner of traditional x-sheets. This includes the ability to automatically fill in repeat frames after they have been colored.
* Papercut Automatically removes white substrate from scanned image sequences, leaving only lines with alpha channel.
* Clean Up Automatically removes light perspective lines and other unwanted strokes from scanned images.
* Magic Fill Leak suppression tool that automatically detects gaps in scanned or digitally created drawings, and prevents unwanted color flooding of frames; works over sequential frames of line drawings.
* Add Tweens Adds any number of empty frames after each selected frame in the current layer. The perfect tool for inbetweening.
* Border Adds B-color outline of variable width to any CG objects in the currently selected frames; adds borderlines to already created characters or elements.
* 3/2 Pull down Quickly convert 24fps progressive projects into 30fps interlaced projects.
"Weve designed Animators Toolbar at the request of some of our top customers, said Paul Ford, president of Bauhaus Software Inc. ?Mirage was born and bred as a powerful but streamlined professional 2D animation tool. This product takes Mirage to the next level by automating many functions which are vital to the 2D production workflow.
Pricing and Availability
Animators Toolbar is available now from Bauhaus Software. It currently supports Mirage Studio 1.5 for Windows and sells for a suggested retail price of USD $149, with a special introductory price of USD $99. Animators Toolbar will be available for Mac OS X in Q2 2005. To purchase Animators Toolbar visit www.bauhaussoftware.com.
About Bauhaus Software
Bauhaus Software Inc. is a leading provider of products and technologies for the 2D animation and digital effects markets. Bauhaus is focused on providing professional 2D animators with the ultimate tools for producing next-generation animated graphics and special effects. Based in San Antonio, Texas, Bauhaus employs a team of business executives and engineers gathered from across the United States, Canada and Europe. The companys products are distributed through both direct and reseller-based sales efforts.
For more information on Bauhaus Software, visit its Web site at www.bauhaussoftware.com.
Related Keywords:Bauhaus Software, Animator?s Toolbar, Mirage Studio, 2D animation, Rusty Mills, inbetweening, Paul Ford,