|Page (1) of 1 - 11/24/03||email article||print page|
Bauhaus Ships Mirage Pre-Release Version for Mac OS XSuite offers compositing, animation and painting
Mirage 1.0 is the evolution of Aura, formerly marketed through NewTek, with several added capabilities and performance enhancements, along with new support for Mac OS X. The software combines video and broadcast graphics, special effects, compositing, animation and painting capabilities into a single, unified environment designed to centralize the workflow for visual effects production. Mirage offers a wide range of production capabilities, including motion graphics, compositing, effects, animation and painting.
Specific features include:
- A large number of built-in effects, such as particles, flares, volumetric lighting, cloning, etc.;
- Real-time, 64-bit, sub-pixel-accurate video painting, which includes text and video tools, natural media emulation, animated brushes and other drawing and filling features;
- Infinite layer manipulation with color, luminance and difference keying (with color suppression), four-point tracking and two-point image stabilization;
- A full-featured, layer-based animation system, including keyframing and motion paths;
- A full complement of color correction tools, including HSV, LUTs, histogram and color-region-independent channel controls;
- Ability to import all standard file formats and I/O support for TWAIN devices a range of third-party hardware devices;
- Includes its own scripting language and plugin API.
The Mirage 1.0 pre-release version is available now for Mac OS X for an introductory price of $395. The full version, when released for the Mac, will be available free of charge to those who purchase the pre-release version. The full product runs $895. For more information, visit http://www.bauhaussoftware.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Apple DVD Studio Pro, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at [email protected].
Related Keywords:Bauhaus Ships Mirage Pre-Release Version for Mac OS X