|Page (1) of 1 - 08/20/03||email article||print page|
Bauhaus Launches MiragePre-release version available for NewTek customers; Mac version coming in October
Mirage 1.0 is the evolution of Aura, formerly marketed through NewTek, with several added capabilities and performance enhancements, along with new support for Mac OS X. The software combines video and broadcast graphics, special effects, compositing, animation and painting capabilities into a single, unified environment designed to centralize the workflow for visual effects production. Mirage offers a wide range of production capabilities, including motion graphics, compositing, effects, animation and painting.
Specific features include:
- A large number of built-in effects, such as particles, flares, volumetric lighting, cloning, etc.;
- Real-time, 64-bit, sub-pixel-accurate video painting, which includes text and video tools, natural media emulation, animated brushes and other drawing and filling features;
- Infinite layer manipulation with color, luminance and difference keying (with color suppression), four-point tracking and two-point image stabilization;
- A full-featured, layer-based animation system, including keyframing and motion paths;
- A full complement of color correction tools, including HSV, LUTs, histogram and color-region-independent channel controls;
- Ability to import all standard file formats and I/O support for TWAIN devices a range of third-party hardware devices;
- Includes its own scripting language and plugin API.
Those who purchase the pre-release version of Mirage will receive the upgrade via download and a new full Mirage hardware key, along with the full Mirage disc and packaging when it ships in October. The upgrade is available only for Windows (2000 and XP) and only for users of NewTek Aura, LightWave or Video Toaster. It sells for $295 for a limited time. The full version for Mac OS X and Windows will ship Oct. 15 for $895. For more information, visit http://www.bauhaussoftware.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Bauhaus Launches Mirage