|Page (1) of 1 - 07/10/12||email article||print page|
Barcoding, Inc.'s Nosek Wins 2012 APPFORUM Code < A > ThonMotorola Solutions Honors Solutions Integrator's Lead Software Engineer for Enterprise Application Development Skills (July 10, 2012)
BALTIMORE, MD -- (Marketwire) -- 07/10/12 -- Barcoding, Inc., a leader in enterprise-wide mobility solutions, today announced lead software engineer Jack Nosek is a winner of the 2012 APPFORUM Code < A > Thon. Held during Motorola Solutions' APPFORUM Americas 2012 Developer Forum, the APPFORUM Code < A > Thon showcased business application development skills, as coders created and demonstrated innovative enterprise applications for MOTOTRBO radios and enterprise mobile computers.
- Written in HTML5, Nosek's winning web application, XPO Catalog Manager, integrates with Barcoding's existing XPO tradeshow management solution. Nosek's application is designed to enable users at trade shows to manage their vendors' catalogs in real-time. If product information -- such as descriptions, pricing, part numbers, UPC codes or order quantities -- changes throughout the show, the application automatically updates the catalog.
- The basis for XPO Catalog Manager, Barcoding's XPO tradeshow management solution utilizes automated data capture technology to provide real-time, instantaneous order-taking directly from a trade show booth via a mobile computer. The software accurately captures data on attendees and orders, eliminating paper-based orders and post-show data entry.
- A software engineer at Barcoding for more than five years, Nosek specializes in developing custom mobile applications, clients and websites for integration with automated data capture and wireless technology.
- As part of Motorola Solutions' APPFORUM Americas 2012 Developer Forum, the APPFORUM Code < A > Thon was judged based on six criteria: technology, utility, experience, appearance, functionality and innovation.
Jack Nosek, Lead Software Engineer, Barcoding, Inc.
"It is a privilege to be one of the three winners of the first-ever Motorola Solutions APPFORUM Code < A > Thon. My goal was to create an application that solves a specific customer issue while utilizing capabilities like rich graphics and a larger screen, along with a user-friendly layout for easy navigation. Using the Motorola ET1 Enterprise Tablet to create a cutting-edge solution, I applied the same skills Barcoding uses on a day-to-day basis to develop programs that help our customers improve the efficiency of their business."
David Green, Sr. Director, Global Channel Solutions Readiness and Alliances, Motorola Solutions
"As a winner of the APPFORUM Code < A > Thon, Jack Nosek clearly demonstrated his ability to utilize HTML5 with RhoElements and develop an enterprise application that is comprehensive and complex, yet easy for anyone to use. On behalf of Motorola Solutions, I congratulate Jack Nosek for his achievement."
- APPFORUM Americas 2012 Developer Forum and APPFORUM Code < A > Thon: www.cvent.com/events/appforum-americas-2012/event-summary-0a40603c2e904d4fbfffedf18dc59807.aspx
- Barcoding, Inc.: www.barcoding.com
- Motorola Solutions: www.motorolasolutions.com
About Barcoding, Inc.
Barcoding, Inc. is a national systems integrator, specializing in the development, deployment, and management of supply chain and mobility systems based on automated data capture and wireless technology. More than 2,500 organizations depend on Barcoding, Inc. as their trusted advisor for barcoding and radio frequency identification (RFID) applications automating operations in: field service, food and beverage, healthcare, manufacturing and distribution, retail, transportation and logistics, and wholesale inventory. For more information, visit www.barcoding.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: barcoding, mobile technology, barcodes, mobile applications, tradeshow management, Manufacturing,Applications,Distribution,Manufacturing/Production,RFID,Manufacturing,Productivity Applications,Internet,Software Development,Other Applications,Internet Server Applications,Management,Marketwire, Inc.,IT (Information Technology),Enterprise Applications,Communications Technology,Internet Technology,Engineering,Business,