|Page (1) of 1 - 09/13/04||email article||print page|
BBC Technology Showcases Media Lifecycle Tools At IBC2004Portfolio includes Colledia products, communications, internet, and consulting (September 13, 2004)
BBC Technology, provider of products and services to media-driven organisations, will showcase its portfolio, including the Colledia products, media communications, internet solutions, and consulting services, at this year's IBC conference (Amsterdam, 9-13 September 2004). Enabling broadcasters to create, manage, distribute and archive content, the booth demonstrations encapsulate the companys philosophy of Media Lifecycle Management.
As part of BBC Technology's product strategy to work with best-of-breed applications for customers, the company will also be demonstrating how it is integrating Quantel, Avid, Apple's Final Cut Pro and Windows Media Player into Colledia Workflow.
BBC Technology will also be participating in a number of conference sessions at IBC: Martin Farrimond will be presenting
Content To Mobiles - Who is Supplying, Buying and Regulating It? - on Friday 11 September, 11.30am - 1.00pm in Conference Room L. In addition, BBC Technologys senior consultants will be presenting a series of half hour training seminars focusing on key issues facing the broadcasting industry today; these will take place in the IBC Training Zone - Hall 7 - on Friday 11 September from 1.00pm.
"There will be a lot of talk at IBC about how organisations can manage change in our digital, high definition, multi-platform world," says Adrian Corcoran, managing director, BBC Technology. "At a time when there is absolutely no doubt that broadcast and IT technologies are converging, BBC Technology has a crucial role to play in helping organisations deliver significant cost-efficiencies and greater creative freedom. This year we will show how BBC Technology is continuing to help all kinds of media organisations develop a commercially viable transition path for the future."
About the products and services:
* Colledia Workflow - production workflow suite of products, configured for news, sports and production environments, which enable teams to manage entire production processes across the media lifecycle.
* Colledia Control - software that provides individual operator control of complex broadcast operations, and new and legacy systems, through a single user-interface.
* Media Communications - outsourced distribution services that help broadcast organisations reduce overheads, and minimise the financial and technical risk of quality content distribution.
* Internet Services - rich media internet services that help the broadcast community and the public sector maximise the value of content by optimising audience access and experience.
* Consulting practice helps organisations define, solve and progress complex issues where technology, resources and operational demands converge.
For sales enquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
About BBC Technology
Founded in March 2001, BBC Technology provides products and services for both the BBC and other global media-driven organizations. Drawing on eight decades of pioneering technical expertise and innovation for the BBC, BBC Technology helps organizations create, manage and distribute content more effectively across multiple platforms. BBC Technologys products and services include: the award-winning Colledia product portfolio, CollediaT Control, media communications, Internet solutions, and consulting services. Customers include: BBC News, BSkyB, DIRECTV, Inc., ESPN, Inc., Hutchison 3G, SABC and Scottish Enterprise.
In July 2004 the BBC announced that, subject to contract, Siemens Business Services has been selected as the new owner of BBC Technology and as the Single Preferred Bidder for a new Technology Framework Contract for the Corporation. This announcement follows a rigorous EU Procurement Process and approval by the BBCs Executive Board. The sale is subject to the approval of the BBC Governors and the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport. Subject to these approvals, the deal will complete by Autumn 2004 once final contract negotiations are complete.
Related Keywords:BBC Technology, IBC2004, Colledia, Media Lifecycle Management, Quantel, Avid, Final Cut Pro, Windows Media Player, Martin Farrimond, Adrian Corcoran, Colledia Workflow, Colledia Control, Siemens Business Services,