|Page (1) of 1 - 07/16/12||email article||print page|
Avista Utilities Selects Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing to Deploy a Next-Generation Customer Information System(July 16, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/16/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Avista Utilities, an investor owned utility serving over 360,000 electric and 321,000 natural gas customers across eastern Washington, northern Idaho and parts of southern and eastern Oregon, has selected Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing to enhance billing and customer service capabilities.
- Avista is replacing a legacy customer information system (CIS) with Oracle's integrated utility platform, which supports complete customer care, billing, credit and collections and payment processing. Oracle systems include improved customer service and convenience; increasing efficiency from meter to cash; ability to support future Automatic Meter Reading/Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMR/AMI) goals; and the ability to support flexible billing rates that support conservation efforts.
- Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing will provide Avista with a complete view of customer data, helping to streamline billing processes and enable more responsive customer service.
- EP2M, a Gold level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), will help lead the implementation of Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing at Avista.
- "We selected Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing because it is specifically designed to meet the needs of the Utilities industry and offers a modern, intuitive, flexible and easy-to-use user interface. The Oracle Utilities solution is designed to give us a robust, integrated solution, capable of providing features that our customers and employees expect of a progressive utility," said Vicki Weber, Director of Customer and General Services, Avista.
- "Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing will provide us with an open, modern architecture that will help us address our changing business requirements. Replacing our CIS is an important project for Avista, and we believe that Oracle's technology and vision delivers the right product for us, now and into the future," said Pat Dever, Director of Applications, Avista.
- "We are pleased that Avista Utilities has selected Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing for its CIS replacement project. Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing can provide Avista with a 360-degree view of customer data, enabling the utility to operate more efficiently, streamline billing processes and enhance the customer service experience," said Rodger Smith, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Utilities.
- Oracle Utilities
- Oracle Utilities on Facebook
- Oracle Utilities on Twitter
- Oracle Utilities on LinkedIn
- Oracle Utilities on Diigo
- Oracle Utilities YouTube Channel
About Oracle Utilities
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utilities of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware, database technologies, as well as servers and storage. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments. Additionally, Oracle Utilities helps utilities prepare for smart metering and smart grid initiatives that enhance efficiency and provide critical intelligence metrics that can help drive more-informed energy and water usage decisions for consumers and businesses. For more information, visit www.oracle.com/goto/utilities.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to utilities, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: industries, industry, business application, applications, oracle, Applications, asset management, Storage, Productivity Applications, Database, Business Issues, Hardware, Software Development, Services, Software, Misc, Database, Pro Asset Management, Other Applications, Utilities, Data Management, Other, Business Intelligence, IT Management, Tools, Management, Marketwire, IT (Information Technology), Enterprise Applications, Gold, Business, Other,