|Page (1) of 1 - 06/27/02||email article||print page|
Avid Ships Xpress DV 3.5 for Mac OS XNLE offers real-time effects on almost all G4s
Xpress DV's real-time architecture is entirely software-based. It includes more than 100 real-time effects that require no rendering, including filter effects, titling, compositing, transitions, picture in picture and color correction. Real-time color correction tools are derived from Avid's Symphony finishing system. The real-time architecture also supports multiple streams.
Other features of Xpress DV include:
- Customizable workspaces.
- NaturalMatch color matching technology.
- A three-window view that includes previous, current and next frames, along with reference frames and split-screen mode.
- Customizable vectorscope, waveform monitors and histograms, including luminance and chrominance.
- Three ChromaWheel HSL color offset wheels (shadows, midtones, highlights).
- HSL master controls (hue, saturation, brightness, contrast, clip, invert).
- ChromaCurve interactive graphs with multi-point controls (red, blue, green, master).
Also available with the 3.5 release is the Xpress DV 3.5 PowerPack option, which adds a number of additional features and effects. These include
- FilmMaker's Toolkit, which includes support for generating frame-accurate cutlists, synchronization of audio and video clips, dupe detection, script-based editing and ALE.
- The Avid Illusion FX Pack, which includes an additional 29 filter effects.
- The Image Stabilization AVX plugin.
- Full retail versions of Boris FX and Boris Graffiti.
- Ability to import Photoshop layers.
- Unlimited video track nesting.
- Unlimited video tracks via nesting.
- Improved After Effects support.
Avid Xpress DV 3.5 is available now for $1,699 for the base version and $2,499 for the PowerPack. For more information, visit http://www.avid.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Avid Ships Xpress DV 3.5 for Mac OS X