|Page (1) of 1 - 06/09/08||email article||print page|
Avid Customers React to New Products(June 09, 2008)
Avid Technology, Inc today announced that early adopters and customers of the company s next-generation of editing solutions are reacting positively to the performance and value of the solutions, which began shipping today. Avid caught up with customers in LA in April to catch their reaction and many others have shared their passion and excitement for the new products over recent weeks.
* The new product is fast, complete, but above all stable. We did not encounter a single crash or freeze. Nevertheless, we really put it to the limit with very complex sequences and lots of high resolution data. It's like your favorite car you have known for years, but with a brand new engine." - Peter Bruggink CTO of Avi-drome BV
* "In my experience, this is the fastest Avid has ever been on a Mac. I've been testing getting HDMI out in real time and the real time FX and not only is the image quality absolutely amazing but its allowing us to get so much more done in a smaller time frame. The PCI Express connection also eliminates the latency issues that Firewire caused for editorial teams. From what I have seen so far, this product is rock solid. - Todd Ulman, Associate Producer of ABC s Greek
* "I've been editing on Avid systems for many years and I believe that Media Composer 3.0 is Avid's best software version ever. I love the new look of the interface and its very stable and fast for the type of editing I do on episodic television. In this environment, you don't have time to be held up by the technology - you need it to make your job easier. For instance, I would hate to edit a show without using ScriptSync. Being able to show alternate takes of any given line reading to directors and producers is a must in this day and age and then to color code the takes on the Script so that you can keep track of them is sheer genius. This is something competing solutions still can't offer." - Robert Bramwell, A.C.E. and editor of "Aliens in America"
* The Media Composer Nitris DX hardware is the best software/hardware combination I have ever used. As an editor, my livelihood depends on how quickly I can turn projects around, and the overall reliability of my editing systems. With the new Media Composer Nitris DX, I ve significantly expedited my workflow and saved significant time on each edit, which has resulted in greater efficiency across the board. Avid got it right this time and I look forward to seeing what s next. " Todd Sanderson, Senior Editor, Motion, Inc.
* "We're so confident in the new Avid Symphony Nitris DX product that we have been producing broadcast program material on the beta products for about three months, without any major issues. Anyone buying this product will notice the major improvement in speed and stability. In fact, I would say this has been the smoothest beta product that I have ever been involved with." - Charles Frater, director of London-based post production facility Silverglade.
* The value and performance that I am getting from Avid s new VideoRAID solutions is nothing short of amazing. I have never used a drive that was so small and so fast. Now, I am able to work with five times the amount of HD footage with a smaller drive, for a fraction of the cost " which makes it an ideal solution for working on location, especially when you are dealing with a ton of HD footage. " Jeb Johenning, a partner at Ocean Video Ocean Video who is currently using the drives on location for Hanna Montana - The Movie
For more information on how to purchase Avid s new lineup of editing products, visit: www.avid.com.
About Avid Technology, Inc.
Avid is a worldwide leader in tools for film, video, audio, 3D animation, gaming and broadcast professionals " as well as for home audio and video enthusiasts. Avid professional and consumer brands include Avid, Digidesign®, M-Audio®, Pinnacle Systems®, Sibelius®, Softimage® and Sundance Digital®. The vast majority of primetime television shows, feature films, commercials and chart-topping music hits are made using one or more Avid products. Whether used by seasoned professionals or beginning students, Avid s products and services enable customers to work more efficiently, productively and creatively. Avid received an Oscar® statuette representing the 1998 Scientific and Technical Award for the concept, design, and engineering of the Avid Film Composer® system for motion picture editing. For more information about the company s Oscar, Grammy® and Emmy® award-winning products and services, visit www.avid.com, del.icio.us, Flickr, technorati and twitter; or connect with Avid on Facebook.
Related Keywords:vide editing, NLE,