|Page (1) of 1 - 06/20/12||email article||print page|
Avaya Advances on List of Top 300 U.S. Patent Holders(June 20, 2012)
BASKING RIDGE, NJ -- (Marketwire) -- 06/20/12 --
- Intellectual Property Owners (IPO) Association Top 300 US patent holders list ranks Avaya 114th, up 18.3% over the previous year.
- Avaya Labs continues to innovate with 246 patents awarded in 2011.
Avaya Inc. today continues its steady three-year rise on the Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO) list, "Top 300 Organizations Granted U.S. Patents in 2011." In 2011, Avaya ranked 114th on the list after being granted 246 patents, an increase of 18.3 percent over the previous year when Avaya ranked 128th.
Avaya Labs has a history of delivering communications solutions that meet the business needs of today and anticipate future ways of working. The patents awarded to Avaya in 2011 focus primarily on changing the ways people communicate and collaborate, ensuring that people -- not technologies -- are at the heart of the experience. Avaya's communications solutions help improve customer service, worker productivity, and business efficiency across the enterprise, while accounting for network and infrastructure control when needed.
Highlights from Avaya's 2011 patents include:
- Automatic customer satisfaction monitoring through social media: A method of obtaining more accurate and honest customer feedback through social media. Automated customer feedback surveys incorporate monitoring social media channels and aggregating, filtering and analyzing content to determine a customer's likely response to a specific product or service.
- Agent assisted response to social media interactions: A collaboration tool that enables quick and consistent response to social media work items. The method allows agents to view historical responses that might be relevant to a newly received work item. The relevant historical responses can be used to suggest a response to new work items.
- Context aware office space locator: A streamlined system for scheduling office space at a site based on communications and relationships between meeting attendees. The system ensures office space is centrally located and convenient for meeting and working.
- Contact center expert identification: A system to evaluate contact center callers for possible employment. Evaluations and ratings occur while the caller waits in a contact center queue. Candidates who receive positive evaluations and are interested in the position may be hired or provided incentives to assist the contact center.
- Single-Sided Speech Quality Measurement: A non-intrusive speech quality estimation technique based on statistical probability models. The technique provides high quality estimates relative to known techniques while having lower computational complexity.
"We have a world-class development team of technical talent and innovators at Avaya Labs. Our people are developing exciting, yet practical innovations that enable streamlined communications experiences in a world of bring-your-own-device, consumerization of IT and cloud applications."
KEVIN KENNEDY, PRESIDENT AND CEO
"As a life-long entrepreneur, the caliber and throughput of innovation at Avaya inspire me. We are building on our heritage of advanced hardware-based solutions and evolving with our customers into applications-based, people-based solutions."
BRETT SHOCKLEY, SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT AND GENERAL MANAGER, APPLICATIONS AND EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES
- For more information on Avaya Innovations and Avaya Labs, visit: www.avaya.com/usa/about-avaya/our-company/innovation/.
- The Intellectual Property Owners Association 2011 report can be found here.
Avaya, unified communications, patents, innovation, labs, technical talent
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release are forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward-looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Avaya Labs, Automatic customer satisfaction monitoring through social media, Applications, Networking, Business Issues, Finance/Accounting, Finance/Accounting, USA, Marketwire, Inc., Business, Other,