|Page (1) of 1 - 06/02/14||email article||print page|
Autonet Mobile Announces 4G Connected Car Technology
SAN FRANCISCO, June 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Autonet Mobile, the first Internet-based telematics and applications service platform provider for the automotive transportation industry, today announced it will be deploying a 4G-enabled Telematics Control Unit (TCU) to enhance its connected car offering. Autonet's first-to-market 4G TCU is built to be automotive grade, and is embedded directly in the vehicle's CAN bus system. The new platform supports the company's numerous mobile applications with faster network speeds and allows car manufacturers to easily integrate their own applications with Autonet's open architecture.
The TCU is built on Autonet's proven TRU Technology, which manages the network and applications in the vehicle to provide seamless connectivity in-motion, and reliable and secure network access. TRU Technology provides the most reliable IP connectivity to vehicles possible; with the addition of 4G services, it is also the fastest. Automotive manufactures can embed the device in their cars to bring high-speed mobile networking to drivers. Autonet currently has partnerships with Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Fiat, Maserati, Mercedes-Benz, GM, and Subaru.
"Our new 4G TCU technology will open up a whole new world of applications and services to the vehicle that will enhance both the driver's and car manufacturer's experience," said Doug Moeller, co-founder and chief technology officer of Autonet Mobile. "Drivers are already taking advantage of our diverse group of mobile applications, and this new version of our TCU will provide the first-ever 4G speeds for in-car connectivity in the automotive industry, so drivers can better monitor and communicate with their vehicles in a broad and safe manner."
With the new 4G enhancement, Autonet will provide faster and more efficient speeds to its mobile applications. The apps available to drivers include:
- Find My Car: Drivers can locate their vehicle anytime, anywhere, and see a history of where their car has been.
- Geo Zones: Allows drivers to define virtual geographical areas to make sure their vehicles follow approved routes and receive notifications if vehicles travel outside the designated zone.
- Speed Tracker: Drivers can define a maximum speed that their vehicle should be traveling and receive notifications when maximum speed is reached.
- Parental Controls: Allows parents to monitor their teens' driving habits through features such as call/text blocking, speed alerts, driving zones, check-ins/arrivals, and seat belt alerts.
- Valet Mode: Track and be alerted if a valet is using your vehicle inappropriately.
- WiFi Hotspot: Turns drivers' vehicles into a high-speed mobile WiFi hotspot.
Autonet's 4G TCU is available for demonstration immediately. It will be broadly available during the fall of 2014. For more information visit www.autonetmobile.com.
About Autonet Mobile
Autonet Mobile is one of the first Internet-based telematics and app service providers designed for your vehicle. Founded in 2005, and based on a technology platform designed to maintain wireless connectivity to vehicles in motion, Autonet Mobile works in direct partnership with several of the world's largest OE automotive manufacturers. For more information, please visit www.autonetmobile.com.
SOURCE Autonet Mobile
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Applications, Networking, Connectivity, Wireless, Communications Technology, Internet Technology, Parents,