|Page (1) of 1 - 09/08/05||email article||print page|
Autodesk Unveils ‘What is Real’ at IBC 2005To showcase media and entertainment solutions for broadcasters, film studios and post facilities (September 08, 2005)
Autodesk, Inc. today announced that it will unveil its "What is Real"-themed stand (#7.420) at the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam, Sept. 9-13, 2005. Autodesk will showcase its media and entertainment solutions that are designed for broadcasters, film studios and post-production facilities to realize ideas for digital film to high-definition (HD) television and standard-definition video content.
Autodesk will be hosting two events as part of the IBC Digital Cinema Symposium. The first event will be held on Sept. 10, 2005 from 1:30-3 p.m. CEST, during which Andy King of BBC Resources will present on the unique creative capabilities of the digital intermediate (DI) process and discuss the challenges faced in implementing modern DI workflows in HD for broadcast, including data management and process efficiency. King will show work from the BBC Natural History Unit's upcoming landmark HD documentaries Planet Earth and Galapagos. On Sept. 11, 2005 from Noon-1:30 p.m. CEST, Prime Focus' Parminder Chaddha, DI supervisor and Rohan Desai, colorist, will present on the making of the Bollywood blockbuster film Black and the challenges of working in 2K and 4K. Prime Focus used Autodesk's Discreet Lustre digital color grading system on Black.
During IBC, the Autodesk stand will feature demonstrations of groundbreaking work by the following clients: Laboratoires Éclair (France), Stitch Motion Graphics (USA), Royal Cow (Spain), The Chimney Pot (Norway) and Clear Ltd. (UK).
In addition, on Sept. 9, 2005, from 6-7 p.m. CEST, Autodesk and Maximum Throughput will be hosting an event at the Autodesk stand to showcase the latest functionality and integration between the two companies' products. Maximum Throughput is a networked storage and media management tool developer whose storage solutions deliver SAN-level performance over TCP/IP. To register for this event, please email [email protected].
Autodesk's IBC stand will be an example of a modern, data-centric media production facility for high-quality, non-compressed film and television post-production. Throughout IBC, Autodesk - with technology partners IBM, SGI, Intel, AMD, ATI and NVIDIA - will give demonstrations of the following Autodesk products in the stand's main theatre:
* Discreet Flame visual effects system
* Discreet Smoke editing/finishing system
* Discreet Lustre digital color grading system
* Autodesk Toxik collaborative compositing software
* Autodesk 3ds Max animation software
* Autodesk Combustion desktop visual effects software
* Autodesk Burn background processing solution
The stand will also have six demo pods at which attendees can learn about the newest versions of Autodesk's media and entertainment solutions:
* Pod 1: Autodesk 3ds Max animation software, Autodesk Combustion desktop visual effects software and Autodesk Cleaner encoding software
* Pod 2: The creative and collaborative aspects of Autodesk Toxik software
* Pod 3: Autodesk's Discreet Lustre digital color grading system
* Pod 4: Sponsored by reseller Dreamwalks/BoneheadZ; Autodesk's Discreet Flint and Smoke systems demonstrations in German
* Pod 5: Sponsored by reseller Video Progetti; Autodesk's Discreet Flint and Smoke systems demonstrations in Italian
* Pod 6: Sponsored by reseller Post Logic; Autodesk's Discreet Flame and Smoke systems demonstrations in French
Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) is wholly focused on ensuring that great ideas are turned into reality. With six million users, Autodesk is the world's leading software and services company for the building, manufacturing, infrastructure, media and entertainment and wireless data services fields. Autodesk's solutions help customers create, manage and share their data and digital assets more effectively. As a result, customers turn ideas into competitive advantage by becoming more productive, streamlining project efficiency and maximizing profits. Founded in 1982, Autodesk is headquartered in San Rafael, California.
For additional information about Autodesk, please visit http://www.autodesk.com.
Related Keywords:Autodesk, digital film, Digital Cinema, digital intermediate, Discreet Lustre, Maximum Throughput, storage, Discreet Flame, Discreet Smoke, Autodesk Toxik, 3ds Max, visual effects, compositing,