|Page (1) of 1 - 11/27/07||email article||print page|
Autodesk Launches Combustion 2008 Desktop Compositing Software(November 27, 2007)
DMN Newswire--2007-11-27--Autodesk, Inc. today announced Autodesk Combustion 2008 software, the latest version of its desktop compositing and visual effects solution. Combustion offers digital media artists an easy-to-use interface, non-destructive workflow and extensive toolset at the affordable price of US$995*. It has been used on the Juicy Fruit Ant commercial by Asylum Visual Effects, the Target Anthem ad by Brand New School, and by Zoic Studio on the Journeyman television show. The popular Colour Warper tool, found in the Autodesk Flame visual effects system, has been added to Combustion 2008. The new release also includes improvements to the schematic view.
The Colour Warper in Combustion 2008 performs primary and selective color correction. It also allows for precise fine-tuning with multiple levels of adjustment in a single pass. Colour Warper features include:
* Interactive adjustment of gamma, gain, offset, hue, saturation, and contrast
* Intuitive hue shift and a tint color wheel for fast, accurate color balancing and a visual color sampling palette for precise color matching
* Interactive Histogram and curves editing modes for subtle, precision tweaking of color components
* Independent controls for color correcting the image's shadow, midtone, and highlight regions
* "Match" feature for fast scene-to-scene color correction
* "Selective" feature for sampling up to three different color regions for isolated correction
* User interface features: high-quality RGB vector scope, and a 3D histogram for precise color monitoring
Pricing and Availability
Autodesk anticipates that Combustion 2008 will be available in December 2007. The 2008 release will be supported on Macintosh and Windows operating systems. Autodesk suggested retail pricing is US$995*. The suggested upgrade price from Combustion 4 to Combustion 2008 is US$199*.
*International pricing may vary.
For more information on Combustion 2008, please visit www.autodesk.com/combustion.
Autodesk, Combustion, Colour Warper and Flame are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc./Autodesk Canada Co. in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product offerings and specifications at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.
© 2007 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
Related Keywords:Autodesk Launches Combustion 2008 Desktop Compositing Software
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved