|Page (1) of 1 - 01/31/12||email article||print page|
Author Craig Copland Rallies Conservatives With 'Election Handbook'(January 31, 2012)
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/12 -- In his new book, "2012 Conservative Election Handbook," (http://conservawiki.com), campaign strategist Craig Copland rallies conservatives to take over the country -- one dog catcher at a time -- and provides a comprehensive guide for doing just that.
"There are 600,000-plus elected offices in this country," he says. "Conservatives need to be elected as county clerks, judges, water commissioners, mayors, school board trustees, state legislators, and every other rank of public office in the country."
His new guide, researched and written with insights gleaned from his years of managing political and non-profit campaigns, lays out clear instructions for both political veterans and newbies, stepping up to do their part for the conservative cause.
Among them: Some foolish ways to lose an election:
- Sex: Voters will forgive divorce; they won't forgive active adultery. Don't get carried away by the headiness and pressures of the campaign trail and screw up.
- Lies: Do not lie. Not about anything. You will always be found out. Your credibility will be attacked. You will lose.
- Videotape: Once you become a public figure, everything you say will be on the public record -- somewhere. If not on videotape, then audiotape, in print, or in a notebook. Emails, Facebook posts and tweets live forever. So be consistent, think before you speak, and don't let your guard down. It will reappear at the worst possible time.
- Do NOT Break the rules: Every election, every state, every district and every campaign will be faced with a staggering list of rules. Learn them. Follow them. Bring accountants and lawyers on board who are experienced with the rules. If you are caught breaking even one, it could derail your campaign.
- Do NOT fight losing battles: Don't waste a nickel or a minute trying to appeal to the group trying to repeal marijuana laws -- they'll never vote for you. And you're not going to win a precinct that voted 90 percent liberal in the last election. Focus your time and money where you can make a difference in the vote.
About Craig Copland
Craig Copland is a retired entrepreneur with expertise in managing political and non-profit campaigns. He spent many years as an executive and CEO of international humanitarian aid agencies, helping establish and run disaster response programs for children. He is the founder and president of Conservative Growth Inc.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Author Craig Copland , Marketwire, Inc., , disaster, Children, Other,