|Page (1) of 1 - 04/25/11||email article||print page|
AtHoc Introduces Innovative Emergency Mass Notification Mobile Apps for Smartphones and Tablet PCsNew AtHoc IWSAlerts Mobile Apps Will Support Android Smartphones and Tablets, iPhones, iPads and BlackBerry Devices (April 25, 2011)
SAN MATEO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/25/11 -- AtHoc, Inc., the pioneer and leader in network-centric emergency mass notification systems, today announced new mobile applications for its mass notification platform, AtHoc IWSAlerts. These new applications will provide powerful mass alerting functionality to most popular devices including: Android smartphones and tablets, iPhone, iPad and select BlackBerry phones.
AtHoc IWSAlerts mobile applications have been successfully deployed with select customers for field pilots and exercises and will be generally available later this year.
AtHoc IWSAlerts is a state-of-the-art mass notification platform, unifying both personal and mass notification devices, addressing enterprise-wide needs and deployable over private, public or hybrid cloud architectures.
The new mobile apps will enhance and extend the reach and capabilities of AtHoc IWSAlerts, including via user location tracking (subject to all proper privacy rules).
Benefits to the Mobile Alert Recipients
- Recipients to receive and reply to intrusive audio/visual popup alerts on their mobile device screens and speakers -- in addition to telephony, text and e-mail notification capabilities
- Geographical-based alert targeting based on real-time location information captured from a recipient's mobile app
- Capturing geographical location when recipients reply to notifications, thereby enabling operators to know locations of users who require assistance (i.e. reply with "need help")
- Location tracking, continuously or on-demand, of first responders and other designated personnel for situational awareness
All user location tracking and geo-targeting is available only if users opt-in and enable this feature on their smartphones and tablet devices, subject to all applicable privacy rules.
In addition, AtHoc IWSAlerts operators or first responders now can activate and control the IWSAlerts system through their mobile applications.
Benefits to Mobile Operator or First Responder
- Activate mass or targeted alerts while in the field and reach recipients more quickly -- such alerts can reach all users and activate all devices connected to AtHoc IWSAlerts, including telephony, desktops, mobile phones, outdoor sirens, indoor PA and more
- Activate mass notification devices based on proximity -- for example, all sirens that are within a mile of the current location of the field operator
- Submit quick field report that can be delivered to chain of command
"With an increasingly smartphone-enabled population, AtHoc has recognized the ability to leverage the latest mobile technologies as a necessary and important evolution for emergency mass notification systems," said Guy Miasnik, CEO and President of AtHoc. "Many organizations have personnel who are not assigned to physical locations or are simply in the field. By incorporating functionality for devices such as the Android and iPhone, AtHoc has greatly extended the ability to contact, alert and track people in harm's way via network-centric mobile mass notification technology."
AtHoc is the pioneer and recognized leader in providing network-centric emergency mass notification systems to military, homeland security, government and commercial organizations. AtHoc's products are used for physical security, force protection, personnel accountability, recall and regulatory compliance. Millions of end-users worldwide, in organizations such as the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Veteran Affairs, UCLA, Microsoft, Boeing and Raytheon rely on AtHoc's unified notification systems for their emergency alerting and critical communication needs. AtHoc has partnered with market leaders including Microsoft, Cisco, Dell, Harris, Siemens, Northrop Grumman, MIR3, Lockheed Martin and others to bring these notification solutions to the public and commercial markets.
For more information on AtHoc, please visit http://www.athoc.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1587664
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1587658
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: AtHoc IWSAlerts mobile applications, Mobile Apps for Emergency Mass Notification, iPhone, iPad, DoD, Communications, Digital Audio, Smart Phone, PDA, iPods, Speakers, iphone, iPad, Applications, Security, Internet, Business Issues, Security, Internet Server Applications, E-mail, USA, Marketwire, Inc., Apple Computer, Biology, Military, Other,