|Page (1) of 1 - 08/02/07||email article||print page|
Asigra Continues Leadership in Virtual Server Backup with Only 64-bit Native Agentless Data Protection SolutionEnormous Growth in Server Virtualization Drives Demand for Virtual Server Optimized Backup (August 02, 2007) Asigra Inc., the technology leader in agentless backup and recovery software for enterprises and service providers targeting the growing managed storage services market, today addressed the growing challenge of protecting virtualized server environments with the industrys only 64-bit powered agentless backup with N+1 grid-based architecture for unlimited scalability. With a growing number of organizations planning to implement high-performance virtual servers, analysts have hailed agentless backup and recovery software as the premier choice for enabling backup and recovery of individual virtual servers within a single piece of hardware without the penalties associated with agent-based software.
According to IDC, the number of servers used to run virtual machines will increase significantly from 2005 to 2010. By 2010, 1.7 million physical servers will be shipped to run virtual machines, a threefold increase over 2005. This substantial increase in virtualized server environments is driving user demand for backup solutions designed to deal with the intricacies associated with backing up a physical server that may have up to 128 virtual machines to protect.
The Triumph of TelevaultingFor years, Asigra has delivered pro-virtualization agentless backup and recovery to virtual server environments. With 64-bit Televaulting, Asigra addresses the shortcomings of the current backup and recovery methods for protecting virtualized server environments by providing the following:
- Agentless backup optimized for virtualized server environments. This architecture enables users to restore individual VMs in a virtualized server set without having to restore the entire set of servers in the event of single-server data loss or corruption. The agentless design saves time in implementing the backup and recovery process, and provides much faster and more granular recovery in the event of a failure.
- A pro-virtualization pricing model that is based on the amount of data to be protected, not the number of servers. Whereas many competitive backup products charge per agent or per server in order to provide server-specific backup/recovery, Asigra allows independent backup and recovery of each virtual server to deliver the most granular protection available without the excessive licensing management and cost penalty pricing issues of other solutions.
- Any-to-any restore capability (P2P, P2V, V2V, V2P) gives users the ability to back up server data from one vendor and restore the data to hardware from another vendor - an important capability in mixed computing enterprise and managed service provider environments. This allows users to back up physical servers and quickly restore to virtual servers for recovery purposes. And, once the physical server is repaired, the virtual server can then be restored to the physical server. Any-to-any backup is an important capability in mixed computing enterprise and managed service provider environments.
- Live VM backup allows administrators to back up VMs in the midst of production operations without disruption to production windows. Asigras pre/post processors allow a smooth backup of a quiescent VM environment.
- Fast and simple implementation and management. Televaulting is an order of magnitude more efficient and faster than other backup solutions for virtual machines with native support for 32-bit and 64-bit environments.
- Centralized management of VM backup and recovery is essential in large distributed organizations that want to leverage the benefits of virtualized servers throughout the enterprise. Already the strongest remote office/branch office backup and recovery offering with centralized management a core offering, Asigra brings this capability to distributed virtual server environments whereby all backup and, more importantly, all restore operations can be managed from a single user interface without the need to physically be onsite to handle tapes.
- Compliance-ready VM backup that offers policy-based management, encryption and near-instant recovery features for compliance with corporate policies and government regulations.
- File-level recovery at the VM and guest OS level extends mainstream backup abilities to virtual server environments.
- Bare-metal recovery and backup of data and enterprise applications such as Exchange, SQL Server, and Oracle at the VM level support DR planning.
?Virtual server environments bring an added layer of complexity when it comes to backup, said Lauren Whitehouse, analyst for Enterprise Strategy Group. ?Asigras agentless backup solution is definitely well equipped for this space, bringing a feature set that is positioning Asigra as a standout in VM backup.
Asigra is the award-winning leader in remote office/branch office (ROBO) online backup and recovery software for managed backup service providers and enterprises. The companys flagship product, Televaulting, is used by global enterprises in the financial, insurance, legal, government, healthcare, and retail industries with more than four petabytes of data protected. Asigra technology is used by hundreds of service providers worldwide that offer managed backup to companies ranging from small and medium businesses (SMBs) to Global 2000 enterprises. The agentless remote site backup and recovery solution provides simple, centralized management of the data protection process while eliminating the capital and operational expenses associated with agent-based solutions. Founded in 1986, Asigra is headquartered in
Asigra, Asigra Televaulting, BLM and the Asigra logo are trademarks of Asigra Inc. All other brand and product names are or may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Related Keywords:backup, recovery, archive, remote office and managed services
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved