|Page (1) of 1 - 07/01/03||email article||print page|
Arkaos VJ Updated to 3.0Multimedia authoring tool gets optimized code, improved effects
Arkoas VJ is a suite designed specifically for VJs, providing audio and video playback, along with real-time visual effects. According to Arkaos, the new version is fully optimized for Mac OS X and the Motorola G4, as well as Windows XP and Intel Pentium chips. Arkaos VJ 3.0 gains input support for several simultaneous video streams via FireWire, USB or a video capture board. Other new features include:
- Real-time chroma and luma keying support;
- Text module via animated flash files;
- New transfer modes;
- Support for 32-bit color and resolutions up to 1,024 x 768;
- Support for ReWire;
- Seven new effects and several effects carried over from the previous release;
- New interface skin;
- Support for an active preview in one monitor while rendering on a second;
- Redesign of visual info dialog to support keying and compositing.
Arkaos VJ 3.0 is available now for Mac OS 9, Mac OS X and Windows for $343. Demo versions are also available. For more information, visit http://www.arkaos.net.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Arkaos VJ Updated to 3.0
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved