|Page (1) of 1 - 02/24/12||email article||print page|
Arkamys Audio Enhancement Software and Services Being Ported to Tensilica's HiFi Audio DSPs(February 24, 2012)
PARIS and SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/24/12 -- Tensilica®, Inc. and Arkamys today announced that Arkamys digital audio software currently is being ported on Tensilica's HiFi Audio DSPs. This set of software is complemented with the availability of audio design and tuning services. Now designers of products for professional entertainment, digital content companies, and the consumer electronics industry -- including mobile phones, tablets, MP3 players, car audio and home theaters -- can use Arkamys' software solutions on the popular HiFi Audio DSPs.
Arkamys' digital audio software includes:
- Portable device-specific technology solutions: This set of technology includes automatic volume, speaker protection, stereo widening and high definition for headphones and loudspeakers, which creates a sensation of complete immersion in sound when listening over ordinary stereo headphones and loudspeakers.
- In-car audio solution: It places the driver and passengers into a natural spaciousness with a feeling that the sound is facing them and provides a true surround sound experience.
- Home entertainment solutions: This includes a full range of software solutions to augment the rendering of small speakers and enhance the listening experience on home devices, from standard stereo TV to set-top box and speaker bars.
With the implementation of the Arkamys audio software on the HiFi DSPs, the processing power required to perform a series of audio corrections and enhancements is drastically reduced. This enables designers to add more features within the MHz budget and/or further reduce the end product bill of material by enhancing output rendering of lower-end transducers.
Tensilica's HiFi Audio DSPs are the most popular audio DSP IP cores, licensed by over 40 companies including five of the top 10 semiconductor manufacturers and many leading system OEMs. The HiFi Audio DSPs offer the best performance/power efficiency and support over 90 high-quality audio codec and pre- and post-processing software packages. The HiFi Audio DSPs are part of Tensilica's growing line of dataplane processors (DPUs) that efficiently perform the challenging, signal processing, compute-intensive tasks in system on chip (SOC) designs.
"We're working with Tensilica to support several common customers that have designed HiFi Audio-based products," stated Philippe Tour, CEO of Arkamys. "Porting to the HiFi Audio DSP was a natural goal for expanding our market reach, as Tensilica considered all of the requirements that an embedded audio design requires. When implemented on HiFi Audio, our software solutions enable product designers to provide a totally immersive customer audio experience."
"Audio enhancement software is playing an increasingly important role in product differentiation," stated Larry Przywara, Tensilica's senior director of multimedia marketing.
"We are pleased to add Arkamys to the growing HiFi DSP ecosystem and broaden support of our customers' audio technology requirements."
Recognized leader in digital audio processing, Arkamys provides software solutions and acoustic expertise for digital content companies and for the consumer electronics industry including tablets and mobile phones, multimedia players, TV sets and set-top boxes, as well as car audio. By choosing Arkamys as their audio partner, electronics manufacturers are in a position to design innovative and cost-effective products taking advantage of an experience over 10 years in the professional audio industry. Arkamys' involvement in research demonstrates its commitment to exploit the latest findings in the field of digital audio and create compelling solutions that bring tremendous value to its customers. For more details, visit www.arkamys.com.
Tensilica, Inc. is the leader in dataplane processor IP cores. Dataplane processors (DPUs) combine the best capabilities of DSPs and CPUs while delivering 10 to 100x the performance because they can be optimized using Tensilica's automated design tools to meet specific and demanding signal processing performance targets. Tensilica's DPUs power SOC designs at system OEMs and seven out of the top 10 semiconductor companies for designs in mobile wireless, telecom and network infrastructure, computing and storage, and home and auto entertainment. For more information on Tensilica's patented, benchmark-proven DPUs visit www.tensilica.com.
- Tensilica and Xtensa are registered trademarks belonging to Tensilica, Inc. All other company and product names mentioned are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- Tensilica's announced licensees include: Afa Technologies, ALPS, Aquantia, Astute Networks, Atheros, AMD, Avision, Bay Microsystems, Brocade, Broadcom, Cavium, Chelsio, Cisco Systems, CMC Microsystems, Conexant Systems, Design Art Networks, EE Solutions, Epson, Fujitsu Ltd., Fujitsu Semiconductor, Huawei, iBiquity Digital, Ikanos Communications, Intel, Juniper Networks, LG Electronics, Lucid Information Technology, Marvell, Maxim, NEC Corporation, Nethra Imaging, Novatek, NuFront, NXP, Olympus Optical Co. Ltd., Panasonic Mobile, Plato Networks, PnpNetwork Technologies, PowerLayer Microsystems, QLogic, Samsung, Shanghai High Definition Digital Technology Industrial Corporation SiBEAM, Sirius XM Radio, Sony, Stretch, TranSwitch Corporation, Triductor Technology, Valens Semiconductor, Validity Sensors, VIA, Victor Company of Japan (JVC), and Wolfson Microelectronics.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Tensilica, Home, Audio/Sound, Audio Software, Digital Media Software, Communications, Digital Audio, Movies & Music, MP3 Players, Surround Sound, Speakers, Headphones/Earplugs, New MP3 Releases, Music by Genre, Sales & Marketing, Storage, Business Issues, Services, Software, Misc, Networks, Consumer Electronics, Prosumer/Consumer, MP3, Consumer Electronics, Settop Box, Broadcast Technology, Consumer Technology, Software, Consumer Electronics, Audio Software (not music), Japan, Marketwire, Inc., , IT (Information Technology), Sony, Panasonic, Theaters, Television, Consumer Electronics, Computer Science, Entertainment, Other,