|Page (1) of 1 - 05/24/12||email article||print page|
Ark. judge orders new trial in lotto ticket suitArkansas judge orders new trial in lawsuit over who owns $1 million lotto ticket
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) ' An Arkansas judge has ordered a new trial over who can claim the $1 million prize from a scratch-off lottery ticket that a customer found discarded at a convenience store.
White County Circuit Judge Thomas Hughes on Thursday ordered a new trial in the lawsuit over the ticket that was scratched and discarded at a Beebe convenience store.
Hughes earlier this month ruled that the ticket's winnings belonged to Sharon Duncan, who said she bought the ticket but discarded it after a machine told her it wasn't a winner.
Another customer at the store, Sharon Jones, had initially claimed the prize winnings after finding the ticket in a trash bind at the store.
Hughes did not elaborate in the one-paragraph order on why he ordered a new trial.
Related Keywords:Lottery Lawsuit,Legal proceedings,Law and order,General news