|Page (1) of 1 - 10/28/11||email article||print page|
Arena Grows Subscription Sales by 25% in Third QuarterStrong Third Quarter Results Bolstered by Substantial Growth From International and Domestic Partnerships (October 28, 2011)
FOSTER CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/28/11 -- Arena Solutions, a provider of cloud-based bill of materials (BOM) and change management software for small and mid-size manufacturers, today announced a 25% increase in total subscription sales for its third quarter, as compared to the same period one year earlier. This growth was accompanied by an 82% increase in net new subscriptions year over year and a 95% retention rate. Arena closed the quarter with a net renewal rate of 124%, demonstrating the integral role Arena software plays in helping existing customers expand and scale successfully.
The third quarter was also marked by a five-fold increase in subscriptions coming from strategic partnerships. "The considerable increase in deals coming through our partner and international channels is a testament to the thoughtful investments we've made in the past," said Craig Livingston, chief executive officer and chairman of Arena Solutions. "Moving forward, we will continue to develop strong relationships with our current partners, and pursue additional investment opportunities if we believe they will provide value to our customers."
To spearhead partnership growth, Arena welcomed Andrea Pitts to the executive team as vice president of strategic alliances. Andrea joins the team with extensive experience building and managing key alliances primarily at Agile Inc. (now Oracle as of 2007) as well as at an Italian-based design and PLM start-up, Think3. "I believe strategic partnerships and alliances will continue to play a big role in Arena's growth strategy," said Andrea. "I am excited to leverage my years of PLM experience to hit the ground running with Arena, and it helps tremendously that Craig has assembled a talented group of people dedicated to delivering the next generation of applications in the cloud for discreet manufacturing companies."
New Arena customers in Q3 came from a variety of fields including high-tech electronics, clean technology, consumer products, medical device manufacturing and more. Among the many new subscribers were:
- VisionCare Opthalmic Technologies -- a manufacturer of implantable ophthalmic devices and technologies that significantly improve vision and quality of life for individuals with untreatable retinal disorders.
- Nextivity -- a developer of indoor coverage technology that optimizes the experience of wireless subscribers and increases radio frequency network capacity for mobile operators.
- Harvest Automation -- an automation company developing robotic equipment for the agriculture industry.
- Vizimax Intelligent Systems for the Smart Grid -- an independent manufacturer of automation systems for grid modernization used by power utilities, independent power producers ("IPPs") and industrial clients.
- YSN Imports -- a provider of propane management and pressurized cylinder products for valves, RV and paint ball technologies.
- Arcom Labs -- a producer of worldwide cable industry products including cable traps and filters.
- WiSuite -- developers of a wireless, retrofit-friendly energy management system designed to deliver energy savings and reduce carbon output.
- Tarana Wireless -- a producer of antennae technology and broadband wireless network protocols designed to achieve higher coverage, flexibility and capacity.
- Tintri -- a developer of the first purpose-built storage system for virtual machines.
- X2 impact -- a developer of head impact monitoring devices that minimize injury and concussion from contact sports collisions.
Also in Q3, Arena surpassed its 99.5% service level agreement with 100% scheduled uptime in Q3 2011 and a continued focus on delivering the most secure and reliable collaborative BOM and change management solution available.
About Arena Solutions
Arena bridges the gap between design and manufacturing, unifying entire teams around the latest product information and helping small and mid-size manufacturers meet their cost, quality and schedule targets. Arena provides easy-to-use cloud-based software for capturing product data, controlling revisions, managing the engineering change process and sharing accurate, up-to-date bills of materials (BOMs) with partners, suppliers and contract manufacturers.
The repository for the product record, Arena sits at the epicenter of the broader product lifecycle management (PLM) landscape, connecting with systems like CAD, EDA, PDM and ERP and linking organizations with their supply chains. With its cloud-based, software-as-a-service (SaaS) approach, Arena is a low-risk, rapid-return proposition that makes enterprise-class functionality available to companies that would otherwise have to contend with spreadsheet-based, time-consuming and error-prone BOM and change management processes. New customers get up and running with minimal upfront investment and start benefiting from Arena in less than 5 days for as little as $99 per user per month.
Founded in February 2000, Arena Solutions is headquartered in Foster City, California.
To learn more about Arena:
- Visit the Arena Solutions website.
- Read the Arena blog on product design, development and manufacturing.
- Follow @arenasolutions on Twitter.
- Like Arena Solutions on Facebook.
- Learn more about the problems Arena solves.
- Watch videos of Arena in action.
- Follow Arena on LinkedIn.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: engineering change management, ECO, BOM management, compliance, PLM, outsourcing, Bill of Materials, Manufacturing,Office Equipment,Sales,Applications,Suppliers,Manufacturing/Production,CAD,Robotics,Manufacturing,Sales & Marketing,Storage,Business Issues,Software,Misc,Management,Sales,Sales,CAD,Management,Prosumer/Consumer,CAD/CAM/CAE,Dassault Systemes,Marketwire, Inc., ,Sports,Sports,Outdoor Sports,