|Page (1) of 1 - 07/24/02||email article||print page|
ArchiCAD 8 Coming in the FallArchitectural CAD suite for Mac and Windows gets speedier operation, new interface
ArchiCAD will include several enhancements over previous versions, including a streamlined interface, improved application speed and new tools. For speed, the company says ArchiCAD 8 will support real-time navigation and faster section generation. The interface will offer a simplified working environment and customizable interface features. Other new features will include:
- Easier access to all documents stored in a project file;
- New Layout Book feature for reducing documentation time;
- Element info palette;
- Zero depth section for displaying only the cut elements in sections;
- Ability to assign one separate pen weight to distant elements;
- Customizable parametric markers;
- PDF printer driver;
- Smart Sketch Renderer;
- Individual text positioning;
- Reference levels available throughout the entire UI;
- Expanded virtual building with new solid geometry operations with support for Boolean commands.
ArchiCAD 8 will run on Windows 2000 and XP, MacOS 9.1 and later and Mac OS X. English, German and French versions of ArchiCAD 8 will be available in the fall, with other localized versions to be released through the first half of 2003. Pricing has not yet been announced. Version 7 currently sells for around $4,000 from VARs, with discounts available for AutoCAD users. A student version is available for $99. For more information, visit http://www.graphisoft.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at [email protected].
Related Keywords:ArchiCAD 8 Coming in the Fall Architectural CAD suite for Mac and Windows gets speedier operation, new interface