|Page (1) of 1 - 07/23/04||email article||print page|
ArKaos Releases New VJ 3.0.2New version of its popular video jockey software (July 23, 2004)
ArKaos is launching the new version of its popular video jockey software, the Arkaos VJ 3.0.2. This free upgrade for ArKaos 3.0.x users adds many new video control features and several new effects. Many new file formats are supported thanks to three new media player interfaces. The improved beat detection allows adjusting the speed of video loops to the tempo of the music.
The major new feature is a much better control on movie playback, easily accessible through a redesigned Visual Info dialog box. This will allow the users to make a frame accurate selection of the content they wish to play inside a video loop. These new controls allow mixing videos in a way that no other software can reproduce!
Some of the new possibilities are:
- Movie synchronization to BPM
- Forward/backward playback motion with constant, MIDI controlled speed or BPM sync
- Definition of the looping zone using MIDI controllers
- Two different random looping available: with or without BPM sync
The Windows version now integrates four video player engines:
- QuickTime, to support MOV files
- Video for Windows, to play AVI files (including DivX encoded movies)
- Direct Show, for WMV, ASF and MPG files
- Macromedia FlashPlayer, to support the latest Flash 6 & 7 files
It is now possible to define the BPM of the music via a TAP function that can be set very easily through the use of the mouse or the computer keyboard.
Integration with music sequencers is now better than ever thanks to the new video overlay support and ReWire. On the compatibility side; the files created can be rendered in WMV (Windows Media Video) as well as in MOV (QuickTime) files. Thanks to this new feature, ArKaos can render animations for both Windows Media Player and QuickTime Player. This improvement allows the Arkaos files to be experienced with the increasingly popular Windows Media Player.
Three great new effects have been added:
- Mirror: allows you to create reflections of your original visual by flipping it around a vertical and/or horizontal axis.
- ArKolor: allows you to alter the color from your visual by defining which RGB component of the input is going to be used for each component of the output. It also lets you easily achieve classic effects such as Posterization and Solarization.
- Tracker: allows you to define an area in your visual that is going to be zoomed while the visual will continue to play on the rest or the screen.
Several effects such as Video Split and Motion Blur have been enhanced.
A very convenient way to latch layers in real-time has been added through the computer keyboard or MIDI footswitch.
The application is fully compatible with the latest versions of Mac OS X 10.3.x, Mac OS 9.x and Windows XP.
ARKAOS VJ 3.0.2 Download, price and availability
The full version of ArKaos VJ 3.0.2 ESD can be bought from our web site. The recommended price is Euro 299 or $ 335.
The upgrade form version VJ 2.x to version VJ 3.0.2 can be bought from our web site. The recommended price is Euro 149 or $ 169.
The upgrade from version 3.0.x to 3.0.2 is free through the generation of a new serial number. A simple form allows the upgrade http://www.arkaos.net/shop/upgrade.php
Evaluation version is available from http://www.arkaos.net/vj/ (21 days, fully functional)
ArKaos VJ 3.0.2 is available in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and a separate installer is available for Japanese. Technical information
Key features in version 3.0.2:
- Has now 4 video player engines supporting: QuickTime, Video For Windows, Direct Show and Macromedia Flash
- Redesigned visual info dialog to support new video control features
- Frame accurate loop selection
- Forward/backward playback of video loops
- 2 random looping mode
- Synchronization of loop speed to BPM
- New TAP feature
- Video overlay support on windows
- 3 new effects Mirror, ArKolor, Tracker
- Several enhancements to effects: Video Split and Motion Blur
- Many bug corrections
Key features in version 3.0.1:
- Multi-language support (English, French, German, Spanish and Italian) - New ASCII Art / Pixelisation effect
- Enhanced SSE and ALTIVEC optimization for Blitters, Filters and Infinite Zoom.
Key features in version 3.0:
- Live video sources from USB, FireWire, acquisition boards
- Editable Flash texts
- 32 bits colors
- Support of ReWire
- Double monitors support with preview
- More than 35 new transfer modes
- Chrominance and luminance keying with: filter width, filter smoothness, band pass or reject
- 6 new effects: Infinite Zoom, Contrast, Rhythmix, Plane, Delirium, Colors Rainbow
- Resizable windows (including preview)
- Code Optimization for Motorola G4 and Intel P4 processors
- Fully optimized for Windows XP, Mac OS X and 9
- Contextual help
- Updated content and samples
- 200 pages PDF manual
- More than 60 Totally customizable effects
- Supports multi-layering and chaining effects
- MIDI latch on/off for live performances
- Allows any MIDI keyboard or device to control images, films and effects
- Application engine may be integrated with any MIDI sequencer (OMS, ReWire)
- Powerful automatic beat-matching technology
- Uses still images (.pict, .bmp, .jpeg)
- Supports video loops and flash animations with QuickTime 6.x
- Built-in recorder to create visual remixes
- Multiple keyboard mapping to trigger images and effects
- Enables full-screen and multiple screen usage for events (i.e. concerts, presentations)
- High optimization for fast frame rate
- Performance recording and playback
Arkaos is a world-leading provider of technology for live visual performances. Since its start in 1996, it develops visual synthesizers that trigger and manipulate the graphic content that is displayed on large screens at events, concerts, clubs and more. Arkaos is the maker of the well-known videojockeying software Arkaos VJ, as well as the new and unique hardware console KaosBox III.
For more information visit www.arkaos.net
Related Keywords:ArKaos, VJ 3.0., VJ 3.0.2, video jockey software, MIDI, QuickTime, MOV, AVI, DivX, Video for Windows, Direct Show, WMV, ASF, MPG, FlashPlayer, ArKolor, KaosBox III,