|Page (1) of 1 - 06/16/10||email article||print page|
Aptela Launches Aptela Anywhere Apps(SM)Company's Anywhere Apps Unify Small Business Communications (June 16, 2010)
HERNDON, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/16/10 -- Aptela, the leading provider of business-class phone service for small businesses and mobile workers nationwide, today announced the availability of Aptela Anywhere Apps(SM), a suite of applications that integrate calling features and functionality into the daily workflow of our customers. Aptela's new Anywhere Apps give workers an expanded set of tools to manage and take control of their business communications wherever and however they do business.
"Business users within the Focus.com community and elsewhere are increasingly seeking unbound, integrated communication and collaboration, and for many, their telephones are still their primary tools for these critical tasks," said Michael Dortch, Director of Research at Focus. "Aptela's cloud-based services, augmented by its new Anywhere Apps, bring truly 'enterprise-class' functionality within reach for any size and type of business, and enable smaller businesses to compete more effectively with their largest counterparts."
Aptela Anywhere Apps is a major addition to Aptela's new v5.0 platform, which was launched in May 2010. The company's new calling platform includes a robust set of APIs enabling integration at nearly every level. The Anywhere Apps use the APIs to extend Aptela's call management capabilities to mobile devices, desktop software and other applications.
Aptela Anywhere Apps improve small business and mobile worker productivity by extending call management capabilities to commonly used computer applications and communication devices. Highlights include:
- Integration with Fring, Acrobits and Popular Softphones -- Integration with mobile applications, such as the iPhone, that deliver Aptela's powerful PBX capabilities to smartphone users.
- Aptela's New Mobile Portal -- With Aptela Mobile, customers can now take advantage of Aptela user features right from their mobile device, including access to voicemail, one-click calling to the company directory and the ability to change a Find Me List on the fly.
- Call Management On-The-Go -- Aptela offers "Call Management On-The-Go" through the company's exclusive Anywhere Menu, a unique mobility feature that allows customers to manage inbound calls to any wire-line or mobile telephone. When a customer answers an incoming call on any non-VoIP phone in their find me list, they can put the call on hold at any time and transfer the call to another number or company extension, record it, send it to voicemail or rejoin the call.
- Plugins for Outlook, IE and Firefox -- Allows users to initiate calls from a Microsoft Outlook contact directory, any number within an email or even from a web page by simply clicking on it.
- Web Widgets -- Allows businesses to embed Click-to-Call widgets right into the company website to give customers the ability to call in with one click. These widgets are designed to drive traffic from a business' website directly to the company's employees. Whether using a toll-free number or a local number, website visitors can call for free.
- iGoogle Gadget -- By adding the Aptela iGoogle Directory Gadget into an iGoogle page, users can take advantage of a fun, easy-to-use way to call colleagues. The company directory will then be at the user's fingertips and allow calls to be initiated with a single click.
"Entrepreneurs and mobile professionals want the freedom and flexibility to conduct business in the office, on the road or at home," said Ann Santorios, Vice President of Product and Business Development for Aptela. "Aptela's mission is to unify small business communications by integrating calling into our customers' existing workflows. Aptela Anywhere Apps answers the call, delivering applications that allow our customers to manage their business anytime/anywhere."
Today's release marks the launch of Aptela's new game-changing application suite. The company will release new additions to Aptela Anywhere Apps quarterly. A soon to be released set of SDKs will also be available to current and future integration partners to speed development.
To learn more about how Aptela Anywhere Apps help small businesses, visit www.aptela.com/aptela-anywhere.
Aptela is a leading provider of business-class phone service, answering the communication and collaboration needs of small businesses and mobile workers nationwide who seek a robust and easy-to-use solution. Aptela's v5.0 platform is extensible by design and easily integrated into the workflow of today's entrepreneurs and increasingly mobile workforce. Unlike traditional telephony that is tied to a physical location, Aptela's service is delivered from the cloud and its features can be accessed -- anywhere, anytime -- through the Internet, traditional wire-line or mobile networks. Aptela was recently recognized as a 2009 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 company with a #78 ranking overall and a #15 ranking amongst telecommunications/network providers. Aptela is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia. For more information, visit www.aptela.com or call us at 800.994.4496. Follow us at www.twitter.com/aptela.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1284480
Youtube Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1284499
T: 703.386.1500 ext. 9206
E: [email protected]
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: aptela, voip, iphone, hosted pbx, hosted voip, small business phone service, phone service, Home,Internet,Digital Media Software,Computers/Home Office,Communications,Digital Audio,Web,Networks,Smart Phone,iPods,iphone,Applications,Research,Video,EMail,Applications,Internet,Business Issues,Internet Server Applications,E-mail,Management,Internet/Web,Business,Internet,Web,EMail,Business Communications,PDA/Smartphone,Marketwire,Apple Computer,Internet Technology,Business,Internet,Email,Other,