|Page (1) of 1 - 05/20/02||email article||print page|
Apple Updates iBookConsumer portables bumped up to 700 MHz
Aside from the faster processor, the new models get double the on-chip level 2 cache (512 KB), a more powerful ATI Mobility Radeon graphics processor and larger hard drives. The models come with a 12.1" or 14.1" active matrix display with a resolution of 1,024 x 768, along with a new VGA out port and optional S-video and composite video outputs.
Apple says the new models run up to 35 percent faster than their predecessors and come with:
- 128 MB or 256 MB SDRAM, with expansion up to 640MB;
- A new ATI Mobility Radeon graphics controller with 16 MB RAM and AGP 2x;
- 20 GB or 30 GB Ultra ATA hard drives and a new 40 GB option;
- A choice of DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo drive or CD-ROM drive;
- A built-in 56K V.90 modem and 10/100BASE-T Ethernet;
- USB and FireWire ports;
- A built-in microphone and stereo speakers.
The new models come with Mac OS X 10.1.4 and Mac OS 9.2.2. Two models are available with a 700 MHz processor, which sell for $1,499 or $1,799. The 600 MHz model sells for $1,199. For more information, visit http://www.apple.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at [email protected].
Related Keywords:Apple Updates iBook Consumer portables bumped up to 700 MHz
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved