|Page (1) of 1 - 09/18/02||email article||print page|
Apple Ships Dual 1.25 GHz G4New model built on Xserve architecture
The dual 1.25 GHz Mac supports up to 2 GB of Double Data Rate (DDR) RAM and also sports the new ATI Radeon 9000 Pro graphics card and offers 2 MB L3 cache per processor and a 167 MHz system bus. It comes standard with 512 MB RAM and a 120 GB Ultra ATA drive with support for half a terabyte of internal storage. And it also includes a built-in combo DVD-R/RW and CD-R/RW drive. Other features include:
- Built-in gigabit Ethernet
- Full 128-bit internal memory data paths
- 256 KB on chip L2 cache
- Four DIMM slots
- Four 3.5-inch hard drive expansion bays (two ATA/100, two ATA/66)
- A second optical drive bay for optional combo drive
- Four full-length, 64-bit, 33 MHz PCI slots
- One AGP 4x slot
- Dual display support with digital resolutions up to 1,920 x 1,200 and analog resolutions up to 1,600 x 1,200
- ADC and DVI connectors with additional DVI to VGA adapter
- Two FireWire ports
- Four USB ports, including those on the keyboard
- Audio line in and out
- Front headphone minijack
- Rear Apple speaker minijack
- Internal 56 Kbps modem.
The new dual 1.25 GHz G4 Macintosh is available now for $3,299. For more information, visit http://www.apple.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Apple Ships Dual 1.25 GHz G4 New model built on Xserve architecture
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved