|Page (1) of 1 - 07/16/03||email article||print page|
Apple Launching Soundtrack as Standalone AppMusic production tool due in August
Soundtrack includes more than 4,000 royalty-free audio loops and sound effects. It also ships with more than 30 audio plugins from Apple and Emagic, including Platinum Verb, SpectralGate, Multiband Compressor and AutoFilter. And it supports Mac OS X's Audio Units architecture for integration with third-party plugins. Other features include:
- Automatic matching of audio loops and sound effects within a composition in real-time;
- A search engine for locating sounds by instrument, genre or mood, with support for Apple Loops, AIFF, WAV and Acid files;
- Ability to set tempo and key;
- Automatic mixing and effects parameters;
- Ability to process audio at up to 24-bit/96 kHz;
- Support for up to 126 simultaneous audio tracks;
- Multiple odd time signatures;
- Pitch shifting in individual regions;
- Synchronization of music to video markers;
- Ability to import DV, SD and HD QuickTime formats for scoring, as well as Final Cut Pro movies with scoring markers.
Soundtrack will be available in August for $299. For more information, visit http://www.apple.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at [email protected].
Related Keywords:Apple Launching Soundtrack as Standalone App
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved