|Page (1) of 1 - 02/20/02||email article||print page|
Apple Distributes OS X 10.1.3 UpdateFree update gains OpenGL improvements
According to Apple, OS X 10.1.3 improves the reliability of Mac OS X applications, offers new security features and includes new and updated support for a variety of "Digital Hub" peripherals. Updates include
- Expanded support for QPS, EZQuest, LaCie, Yamaha, MCE Technologies and Sony CD recording devices;
- Improved support in iPhoto for digital cameras from Canon, Kodak and Sony;
- Adds DVD Playback on external VGA displays on PowerBook G4;
- PowerBook video mirroring will be on by default when connecting to a new display;
- Improvements for the iTunes full-screen visualizer; Login authentication support for LDAP and Active Directory services;
- OpenSSH version 3.0.2p1;
- WebDAV support for Digest authentication;
- Support for SSL encryption in the Mail application.
The 10.1.3 update is available through the Software Update system pane (Apple Menu > System Preferences > Software Update). For more information, visit http://www.apple.com.
Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:OS X, Apple, Mac, video
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved