|Page (1) of 1 - 07/01/02||email article||print page|
Apple Buys Audio Developer EmagicWindows products to be discontinued in September
"Emagic has set the industry standard for professional music creation and production," said Sina Tamaddon, Apple?s senior vice president of Applications, in a prepared statement. "We?re very excited to have the Emagic team join Apple and create more amazing products for musicians."
Emagic's best-known product, the Logic Audio series (including Logic Platinum, Gold and Silver), is used by more than 200,000 musicians around the world, according to Apple. Other products in the Emagic lineup include
- ES1 and ES2, a pair of software synthesizers;
- EXS24 and EXSP24, two VST 2.0 samplers;
- EVP88 and EVP 73, vintage pianos for Logic and VST 2.0;
- EVB3, Emagic Vintage B3 for Logic;
- EVD6, Emagic Vintage D6 for Logic;
- HTDM, HTDM Software Instruments;
- SoundDiver, a Universal MIDI device editor and librarian program;
- WaveBurner Pro, an audio CD mastering suite;
- Samplitude, a disc recording and mastering system;
- EPIC TDM, a plugin collection for TDM.
The company also manufactures several hardware products, including Logic controllers, MIDI interfaces (Unitor8, AMT8 and MT4) and USB audio interfaces (EMI 2|6 and EMI 6|2). Apple has not announced its plans for the acquisition, but we'll keep you updated as information becomes available. For more information, visit http://www.apple.com or http://www.emagic.de.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Apple Buys Audio Developer Emagic