|Page (1) of 1 - 01/26/12||email article||print page|
Appirio Charts Strong Business Growth in 2011Signs on Nearly 100 New Customers Across Geographies and Industries (January 26, 2012)
SAN MATEO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/26/12 -- Appirio, a services provider that helps enterprises power their business with public cloud solutions, today announced it closed 2011 with a strong showing in new customer wins, geographic expansion and overall business growth in the rapidly evolving cloud computing space.
- Increased revenue by 80 percent year over year.
- Grew the team to more than 400 cloud experts across the U.S., Japan, India and U.K.
- Acquired four companies, bringing Appirio additional expertise in social, mobile and user adoption, and adding to the company's core salesforce.com and Google business in the U.S. Midwest and Europe.
- Continued to grow our presence internationally, appointing new GMs for Europe and Asia Pacific.
- Moved more than 1.5 million users to public cloud applications like salesforce.com, Google and Workday.
Customer and Innovation Breakthroughs
- Added nearly 100 new customers around the world, including brands such as British Gas, City Link, eBay, Genworth, Office Depot, PayPal, Pfizer, Rentokil, Shopzilla, Stanford University, Suntech, Twitter, UBM and University of Michigan.
- Saw strong customer growth in the U.S. Midwest with new customers such as Diebold, General Growth Partners, Kindred Healthcare, Medtronic, Mercy Hospitals, Procter & Gamble, and Sauer-Danfoss.
- Worked with companies like Facebook and MoMA as a trusted advisor for their cloud-first IT strategy.
- Appirio named NetApp its Cloud Pioneer of the Year for 2011 for the use of cloud platforms to transform field operations.
- Introduced CloudSpokes, the world's first crowdsourcing community focused exclusively on cross-cloud development. In 10 months, it has grown to 30,000+ members in 65 countries during 10 months and saw participation from companies such as Box.net, Docusign and VMware.
- CloudSpokes ran the developer hackathon at the annual Dreamforce conference, and the community has open sourced more than 40,000 lines of code (available through the CloudSpokes open GitHub repository).
- Received a number of prestigious awards including being named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and a laureate for the Computerworld Honors Award. Appirio was also recognized by Gartner in the November 2011 Who's Who in Cloud Service Brokerage report.
Relevant Industry Statistics
The market for cloud-related IT services is still in its early days but expected to grow significantly in the next few years.
- The size of the overall public cloud services market in 2010 was estimated to be about $70 billion, rising to about $180 billion by 2015. Public cloud services spending is expected to grow at an annual average growth rate of almost 20 percent through 2015. (Gartner, Worldwide IT Spending report for 2008-2015, June 2011)
- At about $10 billion, applications (Software as a Service) already account for 10 percent of enterprise application software spending, and by 2015 this share is expected to increase to close to 15 percent and exceed $20 billion in annual spending. (Gartner, Worldwide IT Spending report for 2008-2015, June 2011)
- SaaS CRM, now accounts for 31% of the CRM software market and is growing at 40% annually, which is three times the rate of on-premise CRM solutions. (Gartner, Competitive Landscape: CRM Service Providers, North America and Western Europe)
"As one of the leading trusted advisers to the cloud, 2011 was a banner year for Appirio. In 2012, expect us to remain aggressively committed to helping enterprises power their business with the public cloud. We believe the market needs a company like Appirio -- someone with a long-term vision who's not afraid to disrupt the status quo." - Chris Barbin, CEO, Appirio
Appirio accelerates the cloud-powered business, helping enterprises achieve real results from cloud applications and platforms like salesforce.com, Google and Workday. Appirio has worked with more than 250 enterprise customers including organizations like City of Los Angeles, Facebook, Flextronics, Home Depot, International Hotels Group, Japan Post Network, Ltd., L'Oreal, NetApp, NYU, Starbucks, Thomson Reuters and VMware. Appirio's technology-enabled professional services are supported by a team of 400 cloud experts and CloudSpokes, a nearly 30,000 person-strong global cloud developer community. The company's expertise and innovative brokerage technology have been recognized by organizations such as the World Economic Forum, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, InformationWeek, Gartner, and IDC. Appirio has offices in the U.S., Europe and Japan, and is backed by Sequoia Capital and GGV Capital.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Appirio, momentum, GGV, Sequoia, Gartner, cloud computing, Applications, Productivity Applications, Internet, Business Issues, Cloud Computing, Other Applications, Internet Server Applications, IT Management, Public cloud, USA, India, Japan, Marketwire, , Application Software, Business, india,