|Page (1) of 1 - 04/23/12||email article||print page|
Appian World 2012 Draws Record AttendancePremier BPM Software Conference Demonstrated the Mobile, Cloud and Social Enterprise (April 23, 2012)
RESTON, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/23/12 -- Appian, the global innovator in enterprise and cloud-based business process management (BPM) software, today announced that last week's Appian World 2012 conference attracted record attendance with nearly 700 registrations and more than 600 attendees. Government and commercial process professionals from North America, Latin America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region gathered to learn about, discuss, and see Mobile BPM, Cloud BPM and Social BPM software in action.
Highlights of the conference's three content tracks included:
- Visionary presentations from Daryl Plummer of Gartner, Inc., Clay Richardson of Forrester Research, Kemsley Design founder and Column 2 blogger Sandy Kemsley, and Neil Ward-Dutton of MWD Advisors. These industry luminaries discussed the challenges and opportunities arising from BPM's convergence with enterprise mobility, cloud delivery, social collaboration, Big Data, Adaptive Case Management and more.
- Case study presentations and panel discussions on real-world BPM software success stories from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, CME Group, Enterprise Holdings, Manulife Financial, Archstone, EDP Renewables, SNL Financial, IBENOX, Benenden Healthcare Society, Archant, the U.S. Marine Corps, Defense Information Systems Agency, the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs, and others.
- A keynote from Appian CEO Matt Calkins on Appian's vision to be "the best way to organize work" in the modern business era, including a sneak peek preview of the next version of the Appian BPM Suite.
- C.J. Moses, General Manager of Amazon Web Services' Public Sector Group, gave a presentation on "Cloud Security" that described all the security elements of Appian's cloud infrastructure.
- Educational BPM overviews for commercial and government organizations from Dr. Michael zur Muehlen of Stevens Institute of Technology and Ken Percell, former CIO of the U.S. Air Force Materiel Command.
- Sessions from Appian experts on tips, tricks and best practices, plus free Appian software training, for Appian customers and partners.
"Appian World 2012 was an unqualified success, breaking all previous attendance records and delivering the insightful commentary, lessons learned and knowledge sharing that organizations need to tap the power of BPM software in the Mobile, Cloud and Social Age," said Matt Calkins, President and CEO of Appian.
Appian is the global innovator in enterprise and cloud-based business process management (BPM) software. Appian's combination of simplicity and power provides everything business users need to drive transformational process improvement -- on the desktop or via mobile devices. Commercial and government organizations around the globe use Appian to increase agility and collaboration, and accelerate business performance. Appian empowers more than 3 million users from large Fortune 100 companies, to the mid-market and small businesses worldwide. Appian is headquartered in the Washington, D.C. region, with professional services and partners around the globe. For more information, visit www.appian.com.
For information contact:
Director, Corporate Communications
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: BPM software, business process management, Gartner, Forrester, process improvement, IT, Appian, Pro AV,Management,Presentors,Business,Business Issues,Presentation,Corporate/Company,Training,Security,USA,Marketwire, ,Financial,Internet Technology,Business,Military,