|Page (1) of 1 - 10/31/11||email article||print page|
AppAssure Reports Extraordinary 196% Revenue Growth and 18th Consecutive Record QuarterAchieves Multiple Milestones; Named 7th Fastest Growing Software Company by Inc. 500 (October 31, 2011)
RESTON, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/31/11 -- AppAssure Software, the global leader and award-winning provider of backup and replication software for virtual, physical and cloud environments, today announced its 18th consecutive record quarter of growth. Total revenue grew 196% in Q3 of 2011 over the same period in 2010, and total revenue for the third quarter grew 18% over the previous quarter. These results reflect AppAssure's surging momentum as the industry's fastest and most reliable image-level and application-aware backup and replication solution for both virtual (VMware vSphere®, Microsoft® Hyper-V® Server and XenServer) and physical environments.
This extraordinary growth is the result of AppAssure's focus on listening to the needs of its customers and partners, and consistently delivering innovative and ground-breaking technology that exceeds expectations.
"AppAssure's speed and ease of use are great and the continuous backup makes recovery go really smoothly," said Dave Buzzell, Sedona Group's CIO. "Our IT environment is constantly changing, and only AppAssure has been able to keep up with it. We estimated that we can keep three years of continuous backups just due to AppAssure's true global deduplication and compression technology. That's amazing!"
According to Shawn Clark, CEO of Applied Network Solutions, an AppAssure reseller partner, "Our customers are finding that legacy backup and recovery approaches are not robust enough to meet their ever-changing data and information management challenges. AppAssure's unique continuous backup protection and advanced replication gives our customers the confidence to know that they can backup and replicate business-critical applications to any cloud -- private or public -- and recover in minutes."
Highlights of AppAssure's milestones and successes in Q3 include:
- Product milestones: Delivering near-zero RTO and 5-minute RPO with near-continuous backup and recovery across multiple platforms, AppAssure's unique technology provides:
- Live Recovery - instant recovery technology with near-zero RTO and 5-minute RPO.
- Assured Recovery - automatic recovery testing and verification technology that sets a new standard in data protection by assuring the recoverability of every backup.
- Universal recovery - cross-platform recovery that restores data volumes anywhere, from virtual to physical, physical to virtual, virtual to virtual or physical to physical (V2P, P2V, V2V or P2P, including bare metal recovery to dissimilar hardware); includes granular object level recovery with application-item and file-level recovery.
- Multi-hypervisor environments - backup and replication support for VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V Server and XenServer.
- Embedded deduplication and compression - minimizes consumption of network bandwidth with backup storage.
- Recipient of major awards:
- Customer wins:
- Alabama State Department of Education - improved server failure recovery time from 24 hours to two minutes, reducing lost downtime by 99.9%.
- Imler's Poultry - successfully mitigated million-dollar risks associated with loss of business-critical data.
- Pryor & Morrow Architects - restored critical data in less than 10 minutes while making sure business emails and data were continuously updated.
- BCRA - eliminated its enormous and growing backup window, implemented superior offsite replication and saved between 53-100% in disk space.
- Continued expansion of Reseller Partners, Technology Alliance Partners and staff:
- AppAssure grew its active reseller partners and MSPs in Q3 by 27% driven by the partners' need for a unified virtual and physical data protection product.
- Technology alliance with eFolder, a leading provider of cloud data protection and business continuity services, that enables AppAssure customers to replicate their applications to the cloud using eFolder's highly secure, SAS 70 compliant data centers.
- AppAssure expanded its team by 33% in Q3, ranging from customer service, R&D, sales and marketing and human resources.
"Our ongoing extraordinary growth is the result of constantly focusing on the needs of our customers and our partners and then delivering the innovative technology which exceeds their backup and recovery requirements," said Najaf Husain, AppAssure's President and CEO. Husain stated, "We anticipate continued growth throughout the fourth quarter as we focus on exceeding our customers' and partners' expectations."
To request a demo or free trial software, please visit http://go.appassure.com/free-trial
Pricing and Availability
AppAssure backup and replication software starts at $899 USD. For further information, please contact AppAssure Software at 1-866-459-6653 or visit the company's website at www.appassure.com.
About AppAssure Software
AppAssure, the global leader in complete server, data and application protection, for virtual, physical and cloud infrastructures, delivers customer-proven backup and replication software that assures the recovery of applications in minutes. AppAssure's groundbreaking technology uniquely guarantees instant and 100% reliable data and application recovery from your server to your datacenter -- to your cloud. AppAssure's innovative software permits VMware backup, Hyper-V Backup, Windows Server backup, Microsoft Exchange Server backup, and goes beyond protecting data, to protecting entire applications in both virtual and physical environments, enabling service providers and enterprises to adopt a cloud model to deliver fast, reliable and secure data protection. With 3,450% growth over the past three years and more than 5,000 customers, partners and service providers in over 50 countries, AppAssure is the world's fastest growing backup and replication software company, ranked by Inc. Magazine. The company posted its 18th consecutive quarter of growth. Learn more about AppAssure Software by visiting http://www.appassure.com/.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: backup and replication software, data protection and disaster recovery, virtual and physical, Marketwire, Inc., , Business, disaster,