|Page (1) of 1 - 10/23/01||email article||print page|
Anystream Launches Version 2.0 of Agility Software Product LineNew Entry-Level Package, Performance Enhancements Featured (October 23, 2001)
The 2.0 Agility software platform release includes significant performance enhancements that culminate a year-long performance tuning collaboration with Intel Corporation, designed to optimize Anystream's software architecture for Intel's Pentium III and Pentium 4 microprocessors. The new release features host-based preprocessing, freeing content producers from expensive hardware accelerator boards or other proprietary hardware. Host-based preprocessing also enables broad interoperability across the most widely used video capture devices and server hardware manufacturers.
Anystream outlined its Agility 2.0-based modular, scalable product line as:
* Agility Workgroup CE -- Anystream's newest entry-level configuration adds live and tape-based media acquisition capabilities, providing a more than tenfold productivity increase by automating workflows for both real-time and file-based media inputs;
* Agility Workgroup SE -- Version 2.0 now includes enhanced performance and usability features such as folder attendant, which lets networked clients drag and drop media files into a continually monitored folder for automatic processing and distribution;
* Agility Workgroup XE -- With the addition of live Webcasting capabililites, XE (formerly Agility Workgroup) now provides a fully integrated streaming production system capable of supporting the most widely used streaming applications -- including live events and subsequent video-on-demand production for corporate communications, training and other enterprise applications. Other standard features now include integration with video indexing software packages. Both live Webcasting and indexing integration also are available as options for the CE and SE packages;
* Agility Enterprise: Agility Workgroup customers wishing to extend Agility's automation beyond available configurations and options can migrate to version 2.0 of Anystream's flagship product, whose open system architecture enables integration with other enterprise-class software platforms such as digital asset management, digital rights management, and billing systems.
Anystream now offers two additional, specialized user configurations:
* Video-Centric User Interface -- Broadcast-level production clients can enjoy the same graphical user interface used in Agility Workgroup. This turnkey GUI offers rapid installation and implementation for larger-scale, video professional clients;
* SDK -- Available to members of Anystream's Alliance Program, the Agility SDK provides a set of tools for developers to build and extend functionality on top of the open architecture of the Agility platform. With the Agility SDK, developers and system integrators gain the ability to create powerful solutions targeted to the needs of specific clients and industries.
Related Keywords:DTV Professional, Digital Media Net, Anystream, Agility streaming automation software, Agility Enterprise, Agility Workgroup
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved