|Page (1) of 1 - 03/01/11||email article||print page|
Antenna Launches Volt for iPhone and AndroidAllows Enterprises to Publish HTML5 Mobile Web Apps Directly to Personal or Corporate-Issued Devices With Total Control (March 01, 2011)
JERSEY CITY, NJ -- (Marketwire) -- 03/01/11 -- Antenna Software, Inc., enabling business transformation through compelling mobile experiences, today announced the general availability of Volt, a patent-pending technology that addresses the security and management needs of the enterprise when deploying work-related mobile web apps on personal or corporate-issued iPhone and Android devices.
Global 1000 enterprises and wireless carriers throughout the world can bypass traditional app stores by using Volt to distribute and manage branded web apps directly to their users. With Volt, businesses can easily provision, deploy and control enterprise web applications for work in a highly-secure, reliable and manageable fashion. What's more, users can run multiple web applications simultaneously and switch instantly between active web applications for greater productivity.
"With more than 300 million smartphone users worldwide, many are asking, 'why can't I find, purchase, and use my apps for work the same way I do my personal apps?'" said Jim Hemmer, president and CEO of Antenna. "Volt answers this call by enabling companies to take control of how they deliver mobile experiences to their users -- even on personally-owned devices. This allows companies to change the game: Not only can they embrace the latest web technologies to build compelling apps, but they can also provide a cohesive and organized structure for provisioning and decommissioning those apps to employees and workgroups -- it's less risk to the brand and much more satisfying to the user."
Key features and benefits of the Volt product include:
- Direct App Publishing: Once the Volt client is downloaded onto the user's device, it becomes the channel by which Volt apps -- created as web apps -- are published to the device. This enables companies to have total control over the branding and approval of apps published via Volt.
- Centralized Management: All Volt apps are provisioned, published and managed via the AMP Management Center, allowing IT to centrally administer all users, their device profiles and application access via a single, unified console.
- Role-Based Access: Volt apps are published and consumed based on authorized role-based access. Only apps that are enterprise approved for a user or user group can be downloaded to that user's device through Volt, enabling administrators to better manage application access.
- Enterprise-Grade Security: Volt apps leverage the security features found in an industrial-strength platform like AMP including authentication, authorization, encrypted over-the-air transactions, security profiles and role-based app updates.
- Rich Analytics: Volt apps communicate through the AMP Gateway, which monitors and captures all transactions and messages for auditing and analysis. Data can also be exported to any business intelligence system for further insight into usage behavior, allowing IT to determine which apps should get more resources allocated to them, or conversely, which apps should be shelved.
Volt is now available on Apple iPhone and Google Android platforms and can be downloaded from the Apple iTunes App Store and Android Market. Once installed on a device, Volt connects to AMP and will automatically download the mobile business apps that are assigned to the mobile user by IT or the administrator.
In addition to building custom web apps to run on Volt, all of Antenna's native mobile applications for employees are available as Volt apps (AMP Sales, AMP Service, AMP Merchandiser, AMP Pharma Sales, etc.). Demo versions of Volt apps -- including AMP Scheduler, AMP Expense Approval and AMP Travel Approval -- are available for review by registering at www.antennasoftware.com/resource-center/volt.
Antenna Software provides a complete solution for mobile web, apps and content that addresses the needs of all users, across all Internet-connected devices, from anywhere in the world. Only Antenna's mobile solutions enable business transformation by delivering a consistent and compelling experience for everyone -- from employees in the mobile workforce to millions of consumers on myriad devices. Antenna's advanced mobile technology makes all the hard stuff like security, integration, performance, scalability and management look easy (even though it's not). That's why leading Global 1000 companies rely on Antenna to be their trusted mobility partner. Founded in 1998, Antenna is headquartered in Jersey City, N.J., with offices around the world. Visit www.antennasoftware.com and www.volantis.com for more information. Follow @AntennaSoftware on Twitter.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Antenna, mobile web apps, mobile enterprise, Antenna Software, Camera, Internet, Digital Media Software, Communications, Digital Audio, Web, Smart Phone, iPods, iTunes, iphone, Search, Applications, Security, Google, Social Media, Sales, Applications, Sales & Marketing, Security, Internet, Authentication, Authentication, Security, Internet Server Applications, Management, Sales, CEO/CFO, Sales, Camera/Film, Business, PDA/Smartphone, Graphics/Design, Publishing, Marketwire, Inc., Apple Computer, Lifestyle, Internet Technology, Business, Other,