|Page (1) of 1 - 01/27/10||email article||print page|
Antenna Builds on Success in 2009 to Drive 2010 GrowthCompany Expands Global Market Share and Maintains Leadership Position in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Enterprise Application Platforms (January 27, 2010)
JERSEY CITY, NJ -- (Marketwire) -- 01/27/10 -- Antenna Software, delivering real business mobility to the world's most demanding enterprises, today announced that it experienced a year of unprecedented growth. The company's success in 2009 was fueled by the acquisition of key competitor Dexterra, significant customer and partner success and continued product innovation on the Antenna Mobility Platform (AMP). The capstone of the company's achievements was its recent positioning in the Leaders quadrant of Gartner Inc.'s "Magic Quadrant for Mobile Enterprise Application Platforms, 2009" report -- the second year in a row the company earned this recognition.
With a focus on strategic expansion and customer service excellence, Antenna built upon its strong position as a leader in the enterprise mobility market. At the close of 2009, the company reported 200+ customers, 250,000 end users and a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 85 percent in recurring revenues. It also continued to drive industry consolidation by acquiring Dexterra. This deal enabled Antenna to enhance its proven platform approach to mobility with a broader portfolio of industry solutions and a more diverse and global network of partners and customers -- creating the largest independent enterprise mobility provider in the world.
"Last year was monumental for Antenna and we are well positioned for further growth in 2010 through continued innovation of AMP," said Jim Hemmer, president and CEO, Antenna. "Looking forward, our mission is to continue to provide our customers and partners with the most transformative mobile and wireless technologies for building and deploying enterprise-class mobile applications. We also look forward to fully enabling our partners, growing our portfolio of pre-packaged mobile applications and developing our mobile platform to help our customers stay ahead of the innovation curve."
2009 Business Highlights
-- Magic Quadrant Leader: Gartner Inc. positioned Antenna in the Leaders quadrant in its "Magic Quadrant for Mobile Enterprise Application Platforms, 2009" report. The complete report is available, compliments of Antenna Software, at http://www.antennasoftware.com/Gartner2009/index.html
-- Customer Satisfaction and Success:
- Antenna added significant new customers across key verticals and geographies in 2009, many of which were sold through resellers. Some of these new customers include Eaga, Hydro One, Konica Minolta, Meade County Rural Electric Cooperative Corporation, MGM Mirage and Toronto Hydro Electric System. In addition, 87 customers renewed their contracts with Antenna, adding new services and/or licenses.
- Antenna's annual Customer Service Satisfaction Survey found that 95 percent of respondents were satisfied with Antenna as their hosted mobile solutions provider, and 97 percent would recommend Antenna to a colleague, representing the highest satisfaction scores in the company's history.
- In addition to continued deployment success at Carrier Corporation, Heineken Ireland and Safelite AutoGlass, Antenna customers 3M ESPE Brazil and Xerox shared case studies on how they are successfully utilizing AMP to create organizational efficiencies for their mobile workforces.
- Antenna and its customers were honored with prestigious industry awards, including the InformationWeek 500, InfoWorld 100 and Gartner's Wireless & Mobile Excellence Award Finalist.
-- Reseller Traction:
- The company executed on go-to-market plans with strategic reseller partners.
- Brand-name enterprises including SimplexGrinnell, a Tyco International Company, selected AT&T MEAP, powered by Antenna.
- Vodafone sells VAS, powered by Antenna, and achieved significant customer wins, including Johnson and Johnson, International Personal Finance, Reliance Security and Virgin Trains.
-- Product Innovation: Antenna continued to execute an aggressive product roadmap for AMP, broadening its applications portfolio, enhancing its support for mobile applications on multiple device platforms including Apple iPhone and Google Android and improving collaboration through AMP IM. The company also moved its primary network operations center into a state-of-the-art facility to optimize capacity, reduce data center footprint and support future growth.
-- Mobile Masters: Antenna hosted a series of exclusive seminars with the nation's top mobility experts from Pitney Bowes, Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE), Animas (a Johnson & Johnson Company), Hologic, Toshiba and DIRECTV. The Mobile Masters discussed the most pressing business and IT mobility challenges and shared strategies and best practices for success.
-- Community Engagement: Antenna was recognized in 2009 for its long-term commitment to business success in New Jersey, where the company is headquartered. Bill Korn, CFO at Antenna, was inducted into the New Jersey Technology Council (NJTC) Hall of Fame for playing an integral role in Antenna's continuous growth as a leader in the enterprise mobility industry and the New Jersey technology community. Shortly thereafter, Antenna received the NJBIZ "Business of the Year" Award for demonstrating outstanding commitment to its market and local community.
The Antenna Mobility Platform (AMP) powers the real-time mobile enterprise -- a must for today's fast-moving, always-connected and customer-driven world. Delivered as a hosted service, AMP makes going mobile simple, secure and cost effective with end-to-end management and reporting of wireless messages, network connections, users, applications and devices. Antenna's broad portfolio of industry-focused mobile applications streamline and improve processes and can be easily configured to meet unique needs. AMP applications run on any mobile device platform, including Apple iPhone, RIM BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Windows, Symbian and Google Android. With more than a decade of proven success with Global 1000 customers, Antenna is the global industry leader with a passion for mobility, a commitment to excellence and an unwavering focus on customer success. Follow Antenna on Twitter @AntennaSoftware.
All product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: mobile enterprise application platform, Mobile application, mobile growth, Gartner Magic Quadrant, Applications, Finance, Productivity Applications, Security, Internet, Other Applications, Security, Internet Server Applications, Management, Finance/Accounting, CEO/CFO, Finance/Accounting, Ireland, Marketwire, Inc., Apple Computer, Business,