|Page (1) of 1 - 03/15/12||email article||print page|
AnchorFree Updates Hotspot Shield With Automatic Network DetectionNew Features Make Using Hotspot Shield to Secure Yourself Online Easier Than Ever (March 15, 2012)
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/15/12 -- AnchorFree, the global leader in consumer secure browsing, privacy and internet freedom, today announced the availability of the latest version of Hotspot Shield, the world's most popular consumer privacy tool. The new, sleeker desktop version of Hotspot Shield combines the privacy and security features users have come to trust with additional safeguards, such as malware detection and security notifications reminding users to activate Hotspot Shield when they've connected to an unsecure network.
Hotspot Shield addresses a market of 1.6 billion consumers around the world in need of secure browsing, personal privacy and freedom when surfing the Web on mobile devices and computers. With more than 50 million downloads and the most popular mobile security solution in the Apple App Store, Hotspot Shield's VPN technology encrypts a user's entire Web session -- turning all HTTP sites into HTTP(S) -- so that every website visited and every mobile app is as secure and private as a banking site. The new features of Hotspot Shield v2.50 make it easier than ever for users to stay one step ahead of online security threats at all times, whether they are browsing at home or away. On the iPhone, and soon on Android, Hotspot Shield also provides the added benefit of compressing images and saving users money on their data plans.
Features of the latest version of Hotspot Shield include:
- Automatic Network Detection - Detects unsecured Wi-Fi networks, warns users when they may be at risk and can be set to automatically activate Hotspot Shield whenever a new network is detected.
- Always On Malware Protection - Transforms Hotspot Shield into a complete internet security offering, protecting users not only on unsecured Wi-Fi networks when they are away from home but also from malware threats on secure networks. By drawing on a database of more than 3.5 million known and suspected malicious Web domains, Hotspot Shield offers protection from four basic types of malware, including malware sites, malware-infected sites, phishing and spam.
- No Administrator Privileges Required - Allows users to bypass censorship and content restrictions at work (many corporations censor their employees), at home and abroad without needing administrator privileges, while remaining private and anonymous.
- Connection Status Icon - Ensures that users are never in doubt. Status icon clearly indicates that a user's browsing session is protected.
- New Graphical User Interface - Provides users with better control over Hotspot Shield and easier access to settings and helpful FAQs.
"We wanted to make it as simple as possible for our users to protect themselves against the bad guys," said David Gorodyansky, founder and CEO of AnchorFree. "This latest version of Hotspot Shield makes it easier than ever to stay safe and private online wherever you are. Turning on Hotspot Shield should be a no brainer. Now it's as easy as locking your front door."
For more information, or to download Hotspot Shield on your personal computer, iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, please visit www.anchorfree.com.
AnchorFree's mission is to provide free and secure internet access to the more than 1.6 billion people around the world who are in need of a secure browsing solution, personal privacy or freedom from any form of censorship. AnchorFree does this through Hotspot Shield, the world's most popular privacy, security and Web access tool. Hotspot Shield ensures safe, private Web browsing and disrupts censorship of commonly blocked content such as breaking news, social networking and search engines. Hotspot Shield is available on all computers and the Apple iOS platform at www.anchorfree.com. AnchorFree is a privately held, venture-backed company based in Mountain View, California.
LaunchSquad (for AnchorFree)
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: AnchorFree, Home, Audio/Sound, Internet, Networking, Security, IPod, Computers/Home Office, Communications, WiFi, Digital Audio, Movies & Music, Web, Tablets, Networks, Security, Handheld, Home Networks, iPods, iphone, iPad, Search, Security, Images, Security, Networking, Database, Computer Technology, Internet, Threats, Phishing, Mobile Devices, iPod/MP3/Digital Media Players, Security, Search, Search Engines, Marketwire, , Apple Computer, Internet Technology, Internet, Social Networking, Spam, Internet Security,