|Page (1) of 1 - 04/24/14||email article||print page|
American's Beloved Household Brands: How Many Americans Share Names With Our Favorites?(April 24, 2014)
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) April 24, 2014
WhitePages, the leading provider of contact information for people and businesses in the U.S., today revealed the most popular last names in the country that are shared with Americans most beloved household brands. Research found that a number of real Mr. Cleans (45 people) and Mrs. Butterworths (5,924 people) are living among us in the United States.
Based on data from Names.WhitePages.com, Campbell, Newman and McCormick are the three most popular last names associated with brands in the U.S., with Campbell at the top spot with over 488,000 residing in the U.S. Prince and Kraft round out the top five.
Most of these brands have been around for generations and are ingrained into the fabric of American consumerism, says Liz Powell, names expert for WhitePages. Its interesting to see just how these brand names for products like soup, applesauce, pasta and more are integrated into our countrys fabric of last names.
In addition to the number of people with popular brand names for last names, WhitePages also researched which states in which they live. Not surprisingly, the majority of Hersheys live in Pennsylvania and the most Wrigleys live in Illinois.
Popular Household Brands Shared with last names shared with household brands
1. Campbell (soups): 488,672 in US; 34,069 in FL
2. Newman (various foods): 132,496 in US; 10,616 in CA
3. McCormick (spices): 131,292 in US; 8,903 in CA
4. Prince (pasta): 58,401 in US; 4,877 in TX
5. Kraft (various foods): 27,852 in US; 2,075 in CA
6. Mott (applesauce): 21,752 in US; 1,947 in NY
7. Kellogg (cereal): 19,702 in US; 2,058 in CA
8. Heinz (ketchup and more): 10,475 in US; 1,264 in IL
9. Hershey (chocolate): 7,956 in US; 2,510 in PA
10. Musselman (applesauce): 7,881 in US; 1,793 in PA
11. Wesson (oil): 6,376 in US; 815 in TX
12. Butterworth (syrup): 5,924 in US; 490 in CA
13. Hellman (salad dressing): 5,464 in US; 523 in CA
14. Dole (fruit): 3,746 in US; 406 in CA
15. Folger (coffee): 2,757 in US; 255 in CA
16. Wrigley (candy): 2,714 in US; 309 in IL
17. Fleischmann (spreads, yeast): 2,714 in US; 275 in CA
18. Nestle (chocolate): 724 in US; 188 in MI
19. Hormel (meat): 400 in US; 57 in CA
20. Clean (cleaning): 45 in US; 6 in NY
To learn more about name popularity in the United States, please visit: http://names.whitepages.com/.
WhitePages is the leading provider of contact information for people and businesses in the U.S. With over 50 million unique monthly users and powering over 2 billion searches per year across sites that include WhitePages.com and 411.com, WhitePages offers consumers one-click access to more than 200 million adults and also provides them with the ability to edit and control their own listings. The companys suite of mobile products includes a top-50 mobile website and popular Android and iPhone apps with over 15 million active monthly mobile users.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/04/prweb11790041.htm.