|Page (1) of 1 - 06/07/12||email article||print page|
America Turns to Online Food Writers to Decide What's for Dinner, BlogHer's Latest Research Study Shows4th Annual BlogHer Food Conference Hosts 500 Influential Food Writers, Kicks Off With New Data on Food Online (June 07, 2012)
BELMONT, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/07/12 -- BlogHer, Inc., the premium cross-platform media network and publisher for women, and the 3rd largest food network on the web, will host the annual BlogHer Food Conference June 8 and 9. BlogHer's annual food conference at the historic Fairmont Olympic Hotel in Seattle will bring together 500 food bloggers, cookbook authors, photographers, chefs, food activists, and top food brands to learn, network, and share the latest tools and techniques.
The conference will kick off with an overview of BlogHer's latest research study, Food Facts 2012, fielded to over 1,700 women, from two samples: A U.S. general online population sample, and one from the BlogHer Visionaries online panel.
The study clearly positions BlogHer Food Conference attendees as the new influencers on what America cooks. An overwhelming majority of respondents cook dinner at home "all or most of the time" (95 percent of the BlogHer sample and 81 percent of the general population sample). When they do, they turn to the Internet for inspiration:
- 92 percent of the BlogHer sample and 89 percent of the general population sample go online for recipes.
- 83 percent of respondents have purchased products and ingredients based on blog and recipe web site recommendations, with those content sites inspiring more trust in their food recommendations, and influencing more conversion to action, than social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- 56 percent of the BlogHer community share photographs of their food online, but a surprising 29 percent of the general population sample report doing so also.
"The Food Facts Study reveals how much we rely on trusted online sources for our daily dose of dinnertime inspiration," said Elisa Camahort Page, BlogHer Co-founder and COO. "BlogHer Food '12 is designed to help our community connect, learn, and further enhance their value to an audience hungry for information, advice, and recommendations."
To that end, 75 accomplished food experts will share their creative, technical, and culinary expertise, including keynote panels featuring top food personalities Elise Bauer, Jaden Hair, Diane Cu and Todd Porter, Kim Sunée, Bryant Terry, and Terry Walters.
The conference is made possible by more than 20 sponsors, led by Gold sponsors Shutterfly and Supervalu.
To review the Executive Summary of the BlogHer Food Facts 2012 Study, please visit:
To follow the BlogHer Food '12 Conference, please visit the Virtual Conference at:
About the Survey:
Food Facts 2012 compares two user samples:
- A general U.S. population sample was fielded online in 7 different markets, including New York, Boston, Atlanta, Portland, Dallas, Chicago and San Diego. There were 817 female and 322 male respondents. The margin of error at 95% confidence is +/-2.82%.
- A BlogHer Network sample, fielded across the BlogHer Visionaries Panel, consisted of 949 female respondents. The margin of error at 95% confidence is +/-3.1%.
- All portions of the study were conducted in May 2012. The data is comparative. Responses from the two samples were combined for some questions.
Reaching 40 million women each month (Nielsen Site Census, April 2012), BlogHer (http://www.blogher.com) is the leading cross-platform media network created by, for and with women social media leaders. BlogHer developed and leads the marketplace with the most robust economic and networking opportunities for women in social media and brands seeking to engage in authentic and persuasive dialog with them. Founded in February 2005 by Elisa Camahort Page, Jory Des Jardins and Lisa Stone, BlogHer publishes and syndicates news, information, advice and recommendations to and from 3,000 premium blogs, delivers uniquely insightful research on women in social media across interest areas, hosts the world's largest conferences for women in social media and curates a daily news service, BlogHer.com. BlogHer's investors are Venrock, Comcast Interactive Capital, and Azure Capital Partners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: women in business, startups, online media, blogging, social media, , Networking, Internet, Social Media, Blogging, USA, Marketwire, Gold, Internet Technology, Business, Internet, Women,