|Page (1) of 1 - 04/25/12||email article||print page|
AmeriCares Implements Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management to Support Critical Global Relief and Aid OperationsInternational Relief and Humanitarian Aid Organization Uses Oracle's Primavera EPPM to Improve Collaboration and Efficiencies (April 25, 2012)
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 04/25/12 -- COLLABORATE 12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To help support its mission of responding as quickly and efficiently as possible to help people in need, AmeriCares, a nonprofit international relief and humanitarian aid organization, is implementing Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (EPPM).
- In 2011 alone, AmeriCares sent more than 3,500 shipments to 95 countries in response to both ongoing humanitarian needs and more than two dozen emergencies, including deadly tornadoes and storms in the U.S. and the devastating earthquake and tsunami in Japan.
- With such large, complex and critical global relief and aid operations, AmeriCares is an excellent candidate for the comprehensive project management solution to help ensure its processes are as efficient as possible, because time means aid is delivered more quickly and at a lower cost.
- As it implements the Primavera P6 EPPM, AmeriCares is able to create an open, collaborative and integrated environment to manage the entire project portfolio lifecycle, including project costs and scheduling.
- Oracle's Primavera P6 EPPM helps AmeriCares streamline communications and eliminate information silos by enabling all project participants to leverage a common platform to manage the delivery of donated medicines, medical supplies and humanitarian aid to people in the U.S. and around the globe.
- The implementation is also empowering team members to proactively address problems, while new standardized processes and best practices have increased collaboration and improved productivity across the global AmeriCares team.
- Oracle's Primavera P6 EPPM is part of an Oracle donation of nearly $900,000 worth of products and services to support AmeriCares Emergency Response program.
- "Whether we're shipping IV solutions to cholera victims in Haiti or antibiotics to famine victims in Somalia, we need to get the medicines there sooner to help people in immediate need and even to save lives," said Kate Sears, senior vice president for finance and technology at AmeriCares. "With Oracle's Primavera, we have a comprehensive solution that is helping us standardize processes, improve collaboration and increase efficiencies. As a result, we can do our distribution even better."
- Oracle Applications
- Oracle's Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- About AmeriCares
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
AmeriCares is a nonprofit global health and disaster relief organization that delivers medicines, medical supplies and aid to people in need around the world and across the United States. Since it was established in 1982, AmeriCares has distributed more than $10 billion in humanitarian aid to 164 countries. For more information, visit americares.org.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: customer, business benefits, partners, Oracle, roi, Primavera, AmeriCares, project management, P6, Applications, Finance, Shipping & Receiving, Productivity Applications, Business Issues, Hardware, Software Development, Other Applications, Project Management, Management, Finance/Accounting, Finance/Accounting, USA, Japan, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Enterprise Applications, Shipping, Medical, Geology, Oceanography, Business, disaster, Other,