|Page (1) of 1 - 02/13/12||email article||print page|
Amazon Cloud Cost Management Made Easy With uptimeCloud(February 13, 2012)
TORONTO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/13/12 --
- Available now, uptimeCloud offers real-time cloud cost monitoring for the Amazon AWS cloud
- Innovative cloud cost forecasting takes the guessing game out of cloud budgeting
- The most thorough cloud cost monitoring, forecasting, and showback tool for Amazon AWS
uptime software, Inc., a leader in IT systems performance, availability and capacity management software, today announced the general availability of uptimeCloud, the only real-time cloud cost monitoring software as a service (SaaS) tool on the market. Click on this link to see an informative two-minute video on uptimeCloud's cost-monitoring solution: http://www.uptimecloud.com/video.php.
The cloud is strewn with hidden costs, as the dynamic ebb and flow of usage changes from day-to-day and even hour-by-hour. However, most IT departments are unaware of the total cost of their cloud usage until the monthly bill arrives. uptimeCloud is the simple and most accurate way to monitor, forecast and provide showback (exactly who was using what and how much it cost) for Amazon AWS users, in real-time. uptimeCloud eliminates complex cloud usage pricing by delivering complete visibility into cloud computing costs, across departments, applications, lines-of-business (LOB), locations, users, instances and much more.
"Cost is the key driver in moving the cloud and, at the same time, cost uncertainty is the cloud's biggest barrier and risk for companies. uptimeCloud completely removes that risk," said Alex Bewley, CTO of uptime software. "uptimeCloud is the first solution to offer this type of service with this level of graphical visualization and simplicity. 'Cloud Cost Uncertainty' has stung cloud users since its inception, due to usage bills varying in cost from month to month. uptimeCloud brings to market the key to cloud computing success -- a deep and easy-to-use SaaS tool for monitoring how much your cloud deployment costs you this minute, month-to-date, and a forecast of what the total monthly cost will be -- all based on a users' real-time Amazon usage."
With uptimeCloud, uptime software introduces the idea of "economic cloud intelligence," providing dashboards that easily monitor and measure the cost of cloud deployments in real-time, predict future cloud costs based on actual workloads, provide automated cloud cost-saving recommendations, and help IT departments easily break out cloud cost and usage by department, line-of-business, application, SLA, location, user, internal budget code and more. uptimeCloud provides IT with a complete toolset for ensuring cloud deployments are both visible in real-time from a cost perspective and achieving the greatest cost savings at the right level of performance.
"Companies hesitate to adopt the cloud when they're not sure what it will cost or how their applications will perform," said Dennis Callaghan, senior enterprise software analyst at 451 Research. "uptimeCloud aims to make cloud costs transparent by providing real-time monitoring, forecasting and showback across the organization."
Terence Pua, CEO and co-founder of Insync, explained how uptimeCloud is instrumental to its cloud deployment, "Our business model allows us to leverage the cloud as much as possible, but cloud cost management can be frustrating. uptimeCloud is a really simple, yet powerful, SaaS tool that gives us real-time views and charts into our Amazon AWS costs, right up to the minute. Not only that, but forecasting our monthly cloud bill is now a snap, even if our deployment changes mid-month. For anyone running cloud infrastructure in Amazon AWS, uptimeCloud should be at the top of your tools list."
The release of uptimeCloud includes:
Real-time Cloud Cost Monitoring:
- Complete Cost Visibility from the CIO Down: Real-time (to-the-minute) visibility from the CIO to the day-to-day administrator.
- Removes Cloud Cost Concerns: Removes the risk of cloud cost over-runs by showing IT cloud costs in real-time. Provides the CIO and all managers with accurate monthly cloud budgeting.
- Cloud Cost Insurance: Validates calculations and cloud modeling. For a fraction of the cost of cloud modeling tools and consulting assessments, uptimeCloud provides the exact cost of a cloud deployment within seconds of deploying it.
- Deploys in Seconds, Exponentially Scalable: uptimeCloud automatically populates in seconds and easily aggregates many Amazon accounts.
Innovative Cloud Cost Predictions:
- Accurately Predicts Cloud Costs: Instantly and accurately estimates monthly AWS cloud bills based on actual, up-to-the-minute cloud usage -- by hour, day, week, month or year.
- Budget Alerting: Allows users to create a monthly budget, and alerts are sent when cloud costs are projected to go over budget.
- The Cloud Cost 'Early Warning System:' When changes are made in a cloud deployment, uptimeCloud automatically shows how those changes will impact a cloud budget.
- Enable Cloud Agility: Provides insight into new projects and initiatives with 100 percent visibility to real-time changes in cost.
Cloud Cost Management and Showback:
- Fast, Accurate Cost Breakdown: Delivers total company cloud cost or breaks out costs by application, SLA, line-of-business (LOB), project, user, location, account and instance.
- Forecast Cloud Costs by Project, Department, Regions, etc: As departments, regions or users deploy new projects, infrastructure or applications in the cloud, uptimeCloud automatically predicts monthly costs.
- Cuts Cloud Costs: Automated budget-saving recommendations pinpoint real costs savings and provide actual dollar amounts in savings to be had. Intelligent dashboards show over-provisioning and wasted cloud resources (zombies, etc.), offering clear and actionable data to save IT budget.
Follow uptime software on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/uptimecloud
uptimeCloud is the simple way to manage the cost of cloud. To learn more about uptimeCloud, or for instant access to 30-days free, please visit: www.uptimecloud.com.
About uptime software
uptime software inc. is a privately held corporation founded in 2001 and headquartered in Toronto, Canada. up.time is deep and scalable IT systems management that won't break the bank, and provides complete, yet easy to use software for accurately monitoring, reporting and alerting on the performance, availability, and capacity of your datacenters and IT services.
Used by more than 1,000 midmarket and enterprise companies in 32 countries, up.time is IT Systems Management software that increases IT performance, while consistently saving IT staff time and budget. up.time specializes in: datacenter server monitoring, vmware monitoring, cloud monitoring, capacity planning, SLA monitoring, application monitoring and more.
To learn more about uptime software, please visit us online at http://www.uptimesoftware.com
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: cost monitoring, cloud computing, SaaS, real-time, Amazon, AWS, capacity management, IT systems, Applications,Business Issues,Cloud Computing,infrastructure,application services,Cloud infrastructure,Management,CTO/CIO,CEO/CFO,Canada,Toronto,Marketwire, Inc., ,Business,