|Page (1) of 1 - 02/23/12||email article||print page|
Altova Unveils Release 2 of Its MissionKit 2012New Features Include Support for the EPUB e-Book Standard, Sorting of data Mapping Results, Code Generation From UML Sequence Diagrams, RichEdit Functionality, and More (February 23, 2012)
BEVERLY, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/23/12 -- Altova® (http://www.altova.com), creator of XMLSpy®, the industry leading XML editor, today announced the availability of version 2012 Release 2 (2012r2) of the Altova MissionKit®, its integrated suite of XML, database, and UML tools, and complete product line. This latest release includes support working with EPUB files in XMLSpy, sorting of data mapping results in MapForce®, generation of code from UML sequence diagrams in UModel®, RichEdit functionality in StyleVision® and Authentic®, and much more.
"We are excited to launch this release, which incorporates an array of the new features most often requested by our customers," said Alexander Falk, President and CEO for Altova. "We are always looking to incorporate the functionality that our users need to be more productive with the ever-changing standards landscape and shifting demands of this industry. As the public response to Apple's recent launch of the iBooks® Author program shows, there is an ever-growing demand for electronic publishing in this world. We at Altova are supporting open publishing standards, such as EPUB, and are happy to be including this functionality in XMLSpy with the 2012r2 release of the MissionKit."
In conjunction with the 2012r2 release and in keeping with responding to customer requests, Altova is launching a new XSLT Technical Training course as part of its Altova Online Training curriculum.
More details on training, as well as the numerous features that have been added to the Altova MissionKit 2012 Release 2, are listed below. For a complete list of new features, please visit the What's New page on the Altova Web site.
New features available in the Altova MissionKit 2012 Release 2 include:
- EPUB 2.x support - EPUB is an open standard for creating and distributing e-books and other digital publications. XMLSpy 2012r2 now supports editing, validating, and previewing EPUB documents in its easy-to-use Archive View.
- Zip and OOXML support extended to Professional Edition - Support for working with Zip archives and OOXML documents has long been available in the Enterprise Edition of XMLSpy and is now also available in the Professional Edition. This support allows users to access and work with data in zipped files such as Microsoft® Office documents, which, in versions 2007 and higher, is saved in Open Office XML (OOXML) format.
- Support for logical files in IBM® iSeries® databases - To enhance integration with all major relational databases even further, XMLSpy now includes support for logical files, which are specific to IBM iSeries editions of the DB2 database.
- Ability to escape/unescape XML characters - Sometimes it's necessary to escape characters normally parsed as part of XML code to include them as text in an XML document. A new feature in XMLSpy 2012r2 makes this easy and much faster than escaping the code manually.
- Faster start-up - Now XMLSpy users can get to work even faster -- the software launches in almost half the time previously required.
- Sorting data by various criteria - The 2012r2 version of MapForce includes two powerful new sorting features, sorting structured data and sorting database input components, that users can apply in a variety of ways in their data mapping projects.
- Support for logical files in IBM iSeries databases - For MapForce 2012r2, support for logical files means users can map data both to and from logical files in IBM iSeries databases.
- RichEdit Functionality - Designers creating Authentic eForms can leverage StyleVision 2012r2's RichEdit functionality to provide Authentic end users with dynamic formatting control at all levels of the form -- with ease.
- Support for logical files in IBM iSeries databases - StyleVision developers can now access logical files when creating database reports.
- RichEdit support - Authentic now includes a RichEdit toolbar so users can make formatting changes on the fly in this WYSIWYG editor for XML and databases.
- Code generation from UML sequence diagrams - UModel v2012r2 extends supported sequence diagram generation functionality by allowing developers to generate program code from sequence diagrams for methods that describe class operations.
- Support for logical files in IBM iSeries databases.
- Save and reload parameters for file and folder comparisons - File and folder comparison settings files in DiffDog v2012r2 allow users to efficiently repeat diff/merge tasks in complex system and network configurations.
- Hide or display empty folders - This functionality for directory comparisons applies to folders where all files are hidden due to file extension filtering as well as folders that are truly empty.
- Support for logical files in IBM iSeries databases.
- Support for creation and editing of Oracle PL/SQL packages - DatabaseSpy users who connect to existing Oracle databases may encounter PL/SQL packages and stored procedures that depend on them.
- Support for Logical files in IBM iSeries databases.
Altova Online Training - XSLT Technology:
- The five-module course starts with an introduction for the novice user to the concepts of transforming XML data and the technology used throughout. XPath, XSL, XSLT, and XSL-FO are explored using the tools of Altova MissionKit. By the end of the course, students will be able to transform XML data into XML files, HTML web pages, and PDF documents, using both the programming tools of XMLSpy,and the graphical tools of MapForce and StyleVision.
All Altova Online Training courses self-paced modules that users can complete as their schedule allows. They are provided free-of-charge and include various technology and product-related topics. Access the new XSLT Technology training course at: http://www.altova.com/training
A complete list of all the new features added in the Altova MissionKit 2012 Release 2 is available at: http://www.altova.com/whatsnew.html
To download a 30-day free trial of any Altova product, visit: http://www.altova.com/download-trial/
Availability and Pricing
Version 2012 Release 2 of the Altova product line is available for purchase in the Altova Online Shop: https://shop.altova.com with prices starting at $59 (USD) per product. For optimum savings, customers can choose the Altova MissionKit, which includes up to eight Altova products for less than the price of two*. Altova recommends the purchase of its Support and Maintenance Package (SMP) with all software purchases. Learn more at: http://www.altova.com/support_package.html
Altova® is the creator of XMLSpy® and other leading XML, database, and UML tools. A key player in the software tools industry and the leader in XML development tools, Altova is the choice of over 3.5 million clients worldwide, including 91 percent of the Fortune 500. An innovative, customer-focused company, Altova offers a product line that fulfills a broad spectrum of business needs for development teams in the world's largest organizations to growing one-person shops. An active member of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and Object Management Group (OMG), Altova is committed to delivering standards-based, platform-independent solutions that are powerful, affordable, and easy-to-use. Founded in 1992, Altova is headquartered in Beverly, Massachusetts and Vienna, Austria. Visit Altova on the Web at: http://www.altova.com.
Note to Editors:
*Pricing comparison is edition-specific and based on Altova MissionKit vs. two individual licenses of XMLSpy and MapForce.
Altova, MissionKit, XMLSpy, MapForce, FlowForce, StyleVision, UModel, DatabaseSpy, DiffDog, SchemaAgent, SemanticWorks, Authentic, and AltovaXML are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Altova GmbH in the United States and/or other countries. iBooks is a trademark of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. IBM and iSeries are registered trademarks of IBM Corp in the United States and/or other countries. The names of and reference to other companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1893416
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Altova, MissionKit, EPUB, e-book, XMLSpy, UModel, MapForce, StyleVision, XML Tools, XML Editor, Sales & Marketing,Database,Internet,Business Issues,Other,Management,Marketing Communications,CEO/CFO,Marketing Communications,Austria,USA,Marketwire, Inc., ,Internet Technology,Computer Science,Business,Other,