|Page (1) of 1 - 05/11/12||email article||print page|
Allstate Insurance Company, Gogo, Ian Foster Among Winners at 13th Annual ITA CityLIGHTS AwardTechnology Thought Leaders Recognized at Illinois Technology Association (ITA) Annual Gala (May 11, 2012)
CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 05/11/12 -- The Illinois Technology Association (ITA) is honored to announce the winners of the 2012 ITA CityLIGHTS Awards.
As technology continues to revolutionize industries, the recognition of the entire ecosystem, from ideation to application in non-tech products, is celebrated across an array of awards.
The Gala is an opportunity for the industry to celebrate the continued success of the technology industry in Illinois and the growing importance of this economic sector.
The 2012 Award winners are:
- CityLIGHTS Award: Presented to an individual or business that actively and consistently supports the growth of the Illinois technology industry through demonstrated collaborative involvement that brings a spotlight on the community.
- Dan Lyne, World Business Chicago
- CEO of the Year Award: Presented to the CEO who has led extraordinary business growth of their technology company over the past year.
- Michael Alter, SurePayroll
- Technologist of the Year Award: Presented to the individual whose talent has championed true technology innovation, either through new application of existing technology or the development of technology to achieve a truly unique product or service.
- Ian Foster, University of Chicago Computation Institute
- Newcomer Award: Presented to the company that has the strongest potential to emerge from its start-up phase to become a leader in the technology industry.
- New Concept Award: Presented to the company or individual regardless of size and status of the company with the best new technology-focused concept of the year.
- Rising Star Award: Presented to the company, which, through innovation in products, services or business approach, has grown to become a serious competitor in the marketplace.
- Lighthouse Award: Presented to the company who has taken a leading role in the national industry while attracting national attention to the Illinois technology industry.
- Best Strategic Use of Technology Award: Presented to the non-tech organization whose has leveraged technology to provide a differentiated product or service, or has transformed the norm in their industry.
- Prominent Woman in Tech Award: Presented to a preeminent female in the local technology industry who has championed programs or organizations which promote women in STEM roles.
- Carole McCluskey, Redbox & Corporate Shared Services
"On behalf of the ITA and our over 700 member companies, we congratulate the 13th Annual CityLIGHTS Awards recipients," said Fred Hoch, ITA president. "The local technology community continues to grow and we are proud to support their efforts."
ITA presented the awards on Thursday, May 10 at the CityLIGHTS Awards Gala at Union Station in downtown Chicago. Attendance was at an all-time high, with tickets selling out; reflecting the excitement and forward momentum of the local technology industry.
Sponsors of this year's CityLIGHTS Awards include Presenting Sponsor Grant Thornton; Gold Sponsors Comcast Business Class, Invest Northern Ireland, kCura, McGuireWoods, Nokia, and Vibes Media. Event Sponsors Authentify, Lantern Partners, and SurePayroll.
About the ITA
The Illinois Technology Association (ITA) is the driving force behind the growth of Illinois' vibrant technology industry. Providing programs and services focused on development, visibility, and talent attraction, ITA accelerates the growth of member company's businesses. ITA brings growth-stage industry companies together, leveraging the connections and experiences of the community to increase the overall success rate of the local industry. Championing the development and application of technologies and leveraging its transformative nature, ITA is an invaluable resource for growing companies.
Contact the ITA at email@example.com, follow the discussion on Twitter at @itabuzz, and visit www.illinoistech.org to find out more about how ITA supports the growth of the local industry.
Illinois Technology Association
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Illinois Technology Association, Technology Events, Technology Networking, software association, Insurance, Networking, Marketwire, , Gold, Business, Women,