|Page (1) of 1 - 06/29/05||email article||print page|
Alias SketchBook Pro 2 Now ShippingNewest version of creative software designed to improve users' digital toolsets (June 29, 2005)
Alias announced today that SketchBook Pro 2, the newest version of Alias' award-winning paint and drawing software application, is available for purchase globally from the Alias web site and authorized Alias resellers. Version 2 represents Alias' ongoing commitment to bringing SketchBook Pro to a growing number of creative professionals. Alias has improved the power and potential of digital creations with tools that meet their users' needs: fast, reactive pencils, markers and brushes; pen-driven layers; background templates; a 75-brushstroke undo/redo option and unique tools for move/scale/rotate and pan/zoom. Available for use on both the Windows and Mac platforms, Alias SketchBook Pro 2 is priced at $199.00 USD*.
Devoted SketchBook Pro user and version 2 enthusiast Michael Sagan, Senior Designer at Trek Bicycle comments, "The usability and simplicity of SketchBook promotes the free-flow of ideas and brainstorming amongst the designers in my work group. Without the fear of making mistakes and with the ability to sketch complex and real creations with life-like tools characteristic of version 2, we develop better designs, faster. Alias spent the time to understand the practical needs of its users, and made a great software application even better."
Advancing the Toolset
SketchBook Pro is best known for its nimble, high-quality paint and drawing features and artist-friendly, gesture-based user interface designed with patented Marking Menus technology created by Alias. With a flick of a stylus, users quickly and easily access best-of-class sketching tools. Version 2 offers users better usability and an array of new features, including:
* Enhanced Brush Controls: Users can resize each default brush or create and store up to 28 custom brushes.
* Image Layers: Users can create and work with an unlimited number of image layers. A layers window provides Marking Menus to add, hide, lock, clear, name, move, order and change the transparency of layers or move, rotate, scale, mirror and flip layers.
* Image Types: Alias SketchBook Pro employs layered TIFF images but also reads and writes BMP, GIF, JPG and PNG files. Users can now save a layered PSD file for use in Adobe Photoshop.
* Add Images: Users can now import images into a layer stack, and move, scale or rotate to fit.
* Lasso Select: Users can select any arbitrary shape and copy the selection to another layer. Selected areas can also be scaled and rotated using a modified version of the pan/zoom tool.
* Interactive Brush Resize: This unique floating tool enables the user to quickly change the size of the brush without the need to open a dialog box.
* Image and Canvas Resize: Users have the ability to adjust the size of the canvas and the size or resolution of an image.
* Undo and Redo: Users can undo up to 75 brushstrokes or actions. One-flick undo is available from the tool palette.
Pricing and Availability
Alias SketchBook Pro 2 is priced at $199.00 USD*. Current users can upgrade to version 2 at a special upgrade price of $99.00 USD*, or download the upgrade version at www.alias.com/sketchbookpro for $79.00 USD*. SketchBook Pro 2 is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
*International pricing may vary.
As the world's leading innovator of 3D graphics technology, Alias develops software for the film and video, games, web, interactive media, industrial design, automotive, architecture and visualization markets. Launched in the fall of 2002, Alias SketchBook Pro is the company's first consumer level product. Alias SketchBook Pro customers include: Brooks Stevens Design, General Motors, GE Medical Systems and Research in Motion (RIM).
Alias has headquarters in Toronto and a custom development center in Santa Barbara. Please visit the Alias web site at http://www.alias.com or call 1-800-447-2542 in North America. International contact numbers include: Northern Europe, Middle East and Africa, +44 (0) 1494 441273; Germany, East & Southeast Europe, 0049 89 31 70 20; France, Spain and Portugal, +33 1 44 92 81 60; Italy, 39 039 6340011; Japan and other parts of Asia Pacific, 81 3 5797 3500 and Latin America, 770 393 1881.
Related Keywords:Alias, SketchBook Pro 2, SketchBook Pro,